Monday, February 13, 2023

Day of Kayaking, Catered Dinner, Poker / game night

Day of Kayaking, Catered Dinner, Poker/ Game night

Saturday February 4, 2023

This morning we were up early, I ate my oatmeal, my normal breakfast. We took the golf cart up and Jim was able to have the Catered breakfast with the switch crew.. We were able to meet Ryan Harmon, from American Idol from 2018 episode that he was on. I chatted with him,  he called me ma'am, he's from Arkansas.
with  Megan Byrd

 He will be playing for church services and entertaining us tomorrow for an evening performance for us also. More on him later...
After breakfast we talked about the coming activities of the day. We got back to the RV, the day goes so fast, Jim tried to grill some chicken, but it was so windy and the grill needs cleaned, it just wouldn't stay lit,  it just didn't work. Then I had to finish cooking it inside, I made us each a salad. Time is running out,  I had to pack what I thought we would need on the water,, before we had to leave for our kayaking trip. I ate my salad on the way,  while Jim drove, I had made him a chicken sandwich to go, and I had pumpkin muffins that I had previously frozen. It was a great travel lunch. I Can't eat a salad, or anything for that matter, if we're traveling with the RV. We were almost an hour away so plenty of time to eat and not too stressful for me. I cannot eat during stressful driving times.

 Anyway we arrived at the Wekiva River Basin State Park. We were briefed on the procedure for entering the water. There was a lot of people in tandem kayaks, which  including Jim and I. I got as ready as I could, was a little nervous.  Then we boarded the kayak, trying to be as graceful as possible. No picture of us, but this was the boarding area.
We were able to have a nice chat with Sheila in her kayak while we waited for everyone to get on the water. 
It was nice to have time and not be rushed talking with her. Got to talk with Michaela Strange. Her family is from One Strange Adventure.
and her Mom, Cindy.  As they were on their own inflatable paddle boards. 
There was a place along the water people were eating and drinking having a good time, some in the water and fishing too.

The water was beautiful, took some great pictures here, were some cool birds in those trees.
Was such a beautiful day for being on the water.
Here is Todd taking pictures and or videos as we went by.
 A gator with some babies around it you can see the one on the top of the Mom here.
 We were in the Water about 2 hours. Didn't take long for Jim to be in pain as the kayak wasn't  comfortable position for him to be in. I think he is to tall for the kayak seat.
 Once we got out of the water, he changed, he was pretty wet, but he felt alot better, we drove back to the RV got showers. Went down to the building to have dinner.

 We had a great caterer. I think it was yesterday's lunch they had cheeseburgers. I did mention to the caterer it would be nice if we knew ahead of time what they were having, they don't tell us, cuz I don't eat beef. He told me to call this number and gave me his card, he said if you want something special he said, just let me know. I never did call, but I thought that was super nice. I just would have eaten chicken before we left.
This is Jerry and Shelly Durand, our neighbors that gave us a ride the other day to the Yacht Cruise.
They set up for poker night, they had real tables and dealers, they had beginner tables. Or people that were experienced $25 to buy in. 
Billy and Cindy Smith playing at there table too.
Jim played for a good hour and there was also other games going on and I started a Left, Right, Center game. And then another one was going on next to us. We played seven games I won the fifth game I think it was. It was a lot of fun. We got home, 9:30 or 10ish. What a day.

1 comment:

  1. Those "cool birds" are egrets They love to eat fish. When we had the fish kill in our pond, they gladly cleaned up the area. Nice to see you two really enjoying yourselves. Jealous!!!!

    ReplyDelete