Thursday, February 9, 2023

Moving Day, Leaving Holiday Travel to TTO

Moving Day from Holiday Travel to TTO

Wednesday January 25, 2023

We packed up and were ready to leave by 11. Jim was worried about pulling out of there. Was a little tight with RV'S trucks and wires across the road. I walked behind him the whole way, to watch everything. As usual everything was fine and he worried for nothing, but he can't change now.

We got on the road and headed towards Orlando.

It took us a bit to find a site. We ended up with a buddy site all the way at the end of the campground towards the lake.
 One on the very end with nice shade tree and a Big Sandy yard. Worked out well. Jim took the golf cart out but kept it a convertible, at least for now.

Thursday January 26, 2023

I'm pretty sure I did walk fit and line dancing. But other than that I have nothing for today, lol.

Friday January 27, 2023

This morning I got up and out the door and did walk fit at 9:00 and line dance from 10:00 till noon. 
 After we finished, I talked with Carlos last time we were here, I heard him telling someone how he can't get the new Buffet that he has, with all the brass on it,  polished. It's the one that I stood by when I helped him on Thanksgiving. He said he couldn't find anything that would work. I knew this stuff I had would work. I carried it up here for weeks. I said today's the day. So I went over put on the gloves I brought,   got some paper towels made them slightly damp, I went to work doing a spot so I could show him the before and afters. It worked great, in seconds it just dissolves the tarnish. Then I  saw him sitting inside on his phone and watching TV I think in between lunch orders.

 I said hi to him and asked him if he could come out for a minute. After he came out, I showed him what I did, he couldn't believe the difference, I showed him what I used. Have to get a picture next time. 
Later I saw the date on the bottle was 1994, I said sure hope they make this stuff yet. I have had it  for so long.. He said he knew his wife would want to go get it right away.
 He kept thanking me and asked me if I wanted something to eat and I said my husband sure would like a hardey lunch. He asked me what I wanted, he gave me a few choices, I said a meatball sandwich would be great. He went back in to make it with fries and I kept polishing a little while longer till I ran out of paper towels,  he offered me more and gloves. He put the food up and thanked me so much, I thanked him for lunch and headed off in the golf cart to deliver to Jim. After I told him the story and he ate, we chatted for a while and I ate lunch rested for a while.

 Took a golf cart ride later didn't do much else except tonight is our line dance party from 7:00 to 9:00.
 MaryJo's husband Dan sang a song, and last time we were shy table-side backup dancers. This time the three of us got Brave and went up with him and were his backup dancers,/singers it was a lot of fun. We went home after 9:00, when it was over. 

Saturday January 28, 2023 

Again the pollen is starting to knock me down. I started the pills the doctor gave me in PA should have started them sooner.  Didn't do much at all today. Later I heard Jim outside talking to MaryJo and Dan stopped on  e bikes they had just bought. I went out and said hi to them. They didn't stay long.
 Later in the early evening I texted Thomas and Travis and later they both returned our calls getting to talk to them both in one day was a treat. But it Wreaked havoc on my voice.
They are so cute put in twice I guess, don't know how to remove one

 

Sunday January 29,  2023 

Today I felt even worse Jim was outside and I saw Kathy and Tim went by on their e bikes I heard them chatting, I wasn't up to going out he told him how I was not feeling great. You always have the C word in the back of your mind. She said she had some tests. Few minutes later she had left and came back with a couple tests for us, which was so nice of her. Later I took them and they were negative. I think it's just the pollen is killing me here. 

Later we went to Aldi's and Save A Lot, and a quick trip to Walmart for the rest. Got home till we put everything away and rested, that was a lot had dinner and went to bed early.

Happy Monday 
January 30, 2023

I still didn't feel great this morning or up to doing Walk fit. But the thought of missing line dances was too much to bear, so I left to go to line dancing from 10:00 to noon. Felt tired but was so fun and it made me feel better too.
Judy started doing couple line dancing, Monday's at noon. I texted Jim, and he stood me up again,  for some reason won't come up,.....

Got back had lunch for us here, and tried not to be mad, but was a little, other than that, didn't do too much else today.

 I always wanted to make this soup. I bought the sausage a long time ago forgot what I wanted to make with it.. Froze it till I remembered, and today was the day, I made Zuppa Toscana, I just felt like it needed a little tortellini, it's like a knock-off recipe for Olive Gardens version , and that really kicked it up a notch, it was so good Jimmy even loved it.

Nice sunset tonight 


Tuesday January 31, 2023

Today's morning went pretty much the same as yesterday. Didn't do walk fit but went up for line dance. Resting for most the rest of the day after lunch. I did  NOBS stuff online. 

Later took a golf cart ride and saw turkeys 
and went over to Neil and Nancy's for a real campfire. Didn't realize he had that much firewood, Mike drop some off too,  and Mandy was there for a little. Mike went to play cards,, we had a nice chat before heading home after Dark.

1 comment:

  1. Our RVers that left today had a campfire the other night. It had been a while. Too bad you won't arrive here until a Thursday afternoon. If you were here in the morning you could show us some of those dances at the Senior Center.

    ReplyDelete