Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Short Drive for Moving Day

Short Drive for Moving Day 

Monday February 20, 2023

This morning we got up had our normal morning Moving Day routine. Pulled out right before 11:00. Went to the spot we picked out at that medical building up the road. We sat there about a half an hour, we could see three other rigs nearby waiting too. 
Jim was trying to strategically plan when to pull out based on the time the GPS was giving us. We were only three or four miles away or so. As we were pulling closer towards TTO, we can see the long line of rigs in the turning lane, and there was a cop sitting there. Not sure what he was doing, I told Jim make the U-turn, make the U turn.
 So he went up to the Publix at the light made the left U-turn all very slowly, got in the turning lane. There was a ranger in a golf cart there waiting. He put his hand up for us to stop, of course we did. Then he looked at his watch, and looked at us and waved us to go first ahead of the line that was waiting there.

We were #1
 Later I told him thanks for rewarding us for not getting in the line super,  super early like so many do.
I told Jim some people might hate us here now.

So we were number one. Said hi to Darlene she  was at the gate. We went up and got checked in asked to be near MaryJo in bungalow. She said nothing's there, but I have a perfect spot for you. Tammy took us up and we had one rig between us. Yea we have a concrete pad.
 It was a little bit sunny in the living side but it will be Shady later in the day. But Jim had a lot of shade in the back as he hooked everything up.
 Before we even got back in we had switch crew Angela and Sean stopped on their ebikes to say hi. We're with switch crew family again. 
When we were in our site, MaryJo came over to welcome us to the neighborhood. Jim took our picture together. 
We really became fast friends and feel like I have known her for way longer than a few months.
Before I went inside to do my chores. I decided the wheels were so dirty, I couldn't stand it any longer. So I got a bucket a Magic Eraser and a glove and spray we bought for them. And started scrubbing. Made a big difference, although the picture doesn't show it.
Had to hurry to get out of the sun ASAP.
The left one is finished, The right was the dirty one.
What a nice site we have.
After we were finished outside I went in to set up. I texted my cousin Wanda a while ago and never heard from her. So she didn't give me a warning text and just called. So I figured I might as well answer. We talked for the whole 2 hours I was setting up. It doesn't take any where near 2 hours. I got lunch ready and ate while I talked to her. 

Later after Jim had the golf cart together we took a ride around and alot of Switch Crew here, Val and Kev are still here. Billy and Cindy are here. Harold and Cindy Strange from  One Strange Adventure found out later they were on a Cruise with Todd and Sheila.

There is another couple right up from us Reese Family in a super C, they have small kid toys outside, have to figure out who they are.
Riding around TTO is alot of fun.  Feels like home here.
Later Billy and Cindy stopped over and we had a lovely visit with them outside. 
 Then shared this beautiful sunset together. Cool reflection on back of our truck.
The rest of the day we just chilled and relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment