Thursday, March 2, 2023

Dinner with Friends

Dinner with friends 

Tuesday February 21, 2023

This morning I got up and out the door for walk fit at 9:00 and then we line dance till noon. Came back and Jim and I had lunch together real quick. Forgot Cindy wanted to go to Aldi's. Jim did some work outside and I jumped in the Jeep with Cindy and we went to Aldi's. 
We decided to have a potluck together the four of us here at our FW. I had strawberries to use up so I made mini strawberry pies. They didn't look that great so I went over to the produce guy here and bought a few more, and made another dump cake in the instant pot, cherry this time. Billy's favorite pie. 

She brought steaks for them Jim threw one on the grill for him. Before they got here we had what we thought was boneless ribs, but they  needed grilled for later. When Jim took them out, he said these are pork chops. Decided just to put them on the grill anyway I said don't cook them long because we'll have to reheat them. They looked fantastic and I ended up eating almost half of one of those while they ate their steak. And I made little mini zucchini pies and new potatoes in the instant pot. The four of us had a lovely dinner together, we SO enjoy their company.

Wednesday February 22 2023 

This morning I got up out the door and we had walk fit and then we did a Zumba class, was my first one.
It was Latin music, which was good, hard to understand the instructor, we just followed along.
 They don't do line dancing on Wednesdays. They go to Polo Park close by, and dance in Amy's small class. She is amazing, she is 80+ I think they said.

Jim took the golf cart to see Billy and Cindy off, they had to leave today, weren't able to extend their reservations any longer.
 Then he went out to recharge the water softener and he cleaned the water heater. He got the drums out played the drums outside for a few hours.
Break time
 MaryJo came over we had a lovely chat. We discussed my new Spiritual Awakening for lack of a better term I guess. She said you are moved, you're moved. Simple word but it says it all, we had a nice chat. 
 Our neighbors that are between MaryJo and us came over and talked to Jim his name is Paul and his girlfriend of 2 years is Nicole she is Chinese, speaks a little bit English, as she says.  He speaks a few different languages including Mandarin and very good English, they even sometimes have to communicate, with an app on his phone to help him with some words. He said they never argue because it would be too difficult. We thought that was so funny, they were so nice and then he was saying what a good cook she is. 
 Paul suggested we have a potluck, and was telling us how she makes fabulous dumplings. She came over too and we all got to chat. She wanted to see our fifth wheel, she wants a fifth wheel and he wants a bigger motor home now. Such a lovely couple. They also wanted us to invite MaryJo and Dan. So we did.
He told us the 4 of us are the only people that they ever talked to in a CG. Not sure why. Guess if they never tried to talk to anyone, like he did with Jim, no one ever talked to them. Sort of sad.

 They decided they could make fried rice too. I was trying to think what I could bring, I'm not going to compete with any food in her realm of expertise. So I told her about the leftover pork I had and those pork chops were great I said we can put that in the fried rice. He said perfect and I thought I could make my almond chocolate chip cookies. For dessert. So that was the plan for tomorrow. 

Thursday February 23, 2023 

This morning same old same old, walk fit line dance fabulous fun fun. Before I left first thing I did was get the chocolate chip cookies in the oven, for tonight's potluck, before it got to hot inside.
 After I got home we had lunch together, took a golf cart ride. Later Paul knocked on the door when he was ready for the pork I had chopped up and ready for the rice. Went up to the produce guy was here today too got a few things. Always love getting zucchini.  
Later about 5:00 5:30 we went over to MaryJo took our dessert and we have a lovely dinner with Paul Nicole, and MaryJo and Dan. Dan made BBQ chicken legs. 
The meal was fantastic. Really great for me I'm usually the one doing alot of the cooking, which I love. SO what a real treat for me. We all said Nicloe was a keeper. 
They showed the motorhome to them,  I told Paul you went in the motorhome, but you didn't come in the fifth wheel. I think it's because he wants another motorhome. I was wondering who's going to end up deciding which one they get. My guess is a motorhome cuz he has to drive it. They are a lot less work. Good things about both. 

We sat and talked he told of how they got together through Match.com and there first dates, how she wanted to go RVing first.
Anyway what a lovely dinner with new friends and newer friends.
We all enjoyed the beautiful sunset together.

No comments:

Post a Comment