Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Errands and Happy Hour

Errands and Happy Hour

Wednesday March 15, 2023

This morning I did my walk fit, left at 9ish and then I line danced a little bit. I texted Christine to see when she was available for a phone call, it's been a while since we chatted. 
After I got back it was cool out, we had the heat on and we had lunch. Then we went to Save-A-Lot, Walmart and Publix. We got back home,  brought everything in. Put the perishables away the rest will have to wait till later, we got ready for happy hour over in the SUN building. 
We got there before Barbara and Tony did, and I texted them if they were being fashionably late. She said they were on the phone with the bank for hours someone took $25,000 total out of two different accounts they have. What a shock that was, she said, and I really need a drink too. We got situated and got some nachos, before long they showed up and was telling us what was going on. Sounds like there will be an investigation to see what happened. Hopefully they get everything back.
 Then Tracie and Tony showed up. The six of us sat together,  had a nice time although Barbara and Tony were a little stressed out. So we decided not to play Left,  Right, Center After we left a little after 5:00 we decided to go stick our feet in the hot tub. Then a couple came and asked if it was okay to put on the bubbles. When she did the water came out up over the sides and Jim looked like he went potty in his pants. Kind of felt like we got chased out of there. Was weird.
 We went back home, had the heat on pretty much all day today.'60s pretty cold for us now.

Thursday March 16, 2023

This morning I went to walk fit and line danced by myself again. I texted Christine before I left forgot we were going over to the flea market next door. Told her we could talk after lunch, instead of 10:30 if that was okay. She said it worked for her. After I got back I grabbed another water bottle and jumped on the golf cart to drive next door to the flea market. Found a place to park the Cricket went inside. And right away we saw a gentleman selling western boots.
 He said he used to be a truck driver and he always wore the boots when he drove. They were so beautiful, I wanted Jim to try on a pair or two. He decided to go back home and get a pair of socks. I chatted briefly with the man, and then I did a lap outside to see what else I wanted to look at. Till Jim finally got back, he tried on the boots, most of them were size 12 which is Jim size, but he needs more of a wide. It was such a bummer that they just didn't fit. 
This man had a beautiful pair on already and bought an extra pair. I heard the man say he paid like $1,200 for his pair he bought. He was selling them between $30 and $60 each. What a deal that would have been. They were made with deer, eel, etc.
Anyway we walked around and found some different sizes of bathroom sink strainers that look a lot nicer than the ones we had. I was looking for a mini muffin pan but I didn't find one. Then we bought another half a flat of strawberries and another pineapple.

More cool signs someone makes with the other kind of Cricket.
 Then we drove the golf cart home.
 We got our new Ninja smoker out we wanted to put the pork on that we had thawed and ready to go. So we got it all set up, brought the picnic table over from next door since they left. Got the pork on. And then I got lunch and we ate lunch. Then I was able to talk to Christine for 2 hours while the pork cooked. Everything is preset for temperature and time. We probably should have got it off a little sooner. It was very tender could have been a little juicier. But it definitely didn't have to be on as long as it was, this is how we learn.

Then I listened to some Corinne Crabtree from 
NO BS while Jim was outside. Later we had dinner, he did the dishes and we watched some TV. 

Friday March 17,  2023 

After walk fit and line dance. I was walking on that side saw this cool 1955, Spartan 
We put some chicken on the Ninja grill and when it was finished we did some grilled zucchini and pineapples.
Made some glazed strawberries too.

 We left the door open all day again, No heat No Air. 
Jim put the golf cart in the compartment it was supposed to rain later today. Never did rain.  Right after he got it in a Saint Patrick's Day golf cart parade went by. 
Later after dinner we went up and listened to the band here play outside by the fire ring. 
More decorated golf carts.
Although they did not have a fire going sadly. I did a few line dances with the ladies here outside. Then once it was dark we saw another launch go up,  but it was very cloudy, didn't see it long. 
Once it got dark we had to put the heat back on.

Saturday March 18, 2023

Today I took a walk around the campground by myself and listen to Corrine Crabtree. Then I came back and Jim and I walked together a little bit too. We went on the other side of the road saw a license plate from Pennsylvania. We talked to a lady she was from Myerstown, we had a nice chat then we went into the building over there that I line dance in. There were some people setting up for a private party which is a really nice place to do that.

 Then we walked back on the other side of the road and we went into the SUN building looking for tickets for tonight's dance. They said you just pay at the door. I was able to practice my three dances Jim got to watch. I did Wine Beer and Whiskey, Shivers, and High Class. Then we got back to the camper we had dinner some of the pork leftovers. Jim put the Ninja grill away. Again it was supposed to rain, but did very little. 
Here we are having fun

We got to the dance Smooth Play band was playing it was from 7:00 to 10. They had a 50-50 drawing and  we won the first one which was $58. So even paying for tacos the other day and  getting into the dance tonight we were still up by $31. Win, win, We left about 9:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment