Thursday, March 9, 2023

Happy Monday, dancing with my Cowboy, Reservation glitch

Happy Monday, Dancing With my Cowboy, Reservation glitch 

Monday February 27, 2023

Happy Birthday to my youngest granddaughter Mia, 11 years old. WOW
This morning I got up and headed to walk fit, then we line danced for a couple hours. At noon I was hoping Jim was coming up to help teach couple line dance lessons with me. I kept watching for him. He said he would be here 11:50. Didn't know what he was going to wear,  because he said his rubber shoes won't slide for dancing. I said you might as well just wear jeans and boots. He hates putting on long pants here, especially when it's hot. I kept watching and finally I saw my cowboy come in. 
It made me so emotional, because I wanted him to come two or three other times, but he didn't want to, hurt my feelings and I sort of felt stood up. So I actually saw him walking in,  I was so happy. I gave him a big hug. We did a few couple dances. 

But earlier before I left we had reservations for Forest Lake. We kept getting confirmations. But Jim said the last one we got, said you might want to call to make sure we have room for your size rig. WHAT... So I called before I left for walk fit and left a message, no one answered. So I heard my phone and I checked my message, I listened to it,  and they said 43 ft fifth wheel wouldn't fit. I said OMG, now where do we go. I texted Jim the info.

 So we frantically started looking for a place to go next. Haven't been able to get into Clerbrook Golf and RV Resort yet. They didn't answer when  I called. Thought about Peace River again but that has been an issue too with them being closed for so long. So we figured we might need to try Southern Palms again. Even though we canceled there a few times. There are things that we want to do, and people to see there in that area. We just booked it and if Clerbrook calls back, we can always just Switch It Up

 So trying to find a reservation cut into our line dancing time. They were doing ones we already knew, or Jim hated. Before we left Jim said there was openings at Clerbrook, but it wouldn't let him book. He said for some dumb reason it came up he owed $5. So he ended up paying $105. He was able to use the chat button. When he was finished paying it went away, I said that's cuz you were paying, so he hit the pay button again and he was able to chat with someone. He said everything was there but their computer froze and they weren't able to confirm the reservation. That's when you missed the days when they could just get out of pencil and write it in. So long story, still long we ended up booking Southern Palms. 

So till we got to leave, it was close to 2:00. We got back to our camper and had a late lunch together. Glad I had everything ready. After we changed we went outside and saw Tom and Becky Olesh. They were across the road from us and they had their new motorhome. They got rid of their small Born Free and bought a huge older MH. We went over and said hi and they showed it to us, so much bigger inside than what they had, we had a nice chat still trying to figure out when we can go see their house in Florida. 

Later we went up to the activity center they had a happy hour BYOB. It was so much fun, I forgot to take a picture. They had 4 long tables put together in a diamond shape, I always get mad at myself for forgetting to get a picture. The next day at walk fit I asked everyone, and no one took a picture either to steal. 
Kathy and Timmy sat next to Jim and Billy and Cindy came. Lynn and Jeanne stopped in. Probably 25 people or so. After our fun we went back to the RV took a golf cart. We saw Fiona was here . The name of Todd and Sheila's fifth wheel from switch it up . 
Later had dinner together. With a beautiful sunset.


Tuesday February 28, 2023

This morning I went up for a walk fit and line danced. They spoke of a date they were going to be taking a group photo of the walk fit group. We weren't going to be there on that date. So she said she would take my picture and hopefully she'd be able to figure out how to add it to the group shot. So she took it with me and one other lady that wouldn't be there either.

This afternoon when I got home from walk fit, we had lunch together and Jim found a lovely little pile of doggie doo doo,  right in front of the truck on the concrete, that sent him into a shitty mood for half of the day. It really ticked him him off.. Can't believe people do that.

MaryJo came up for some of the classes. And she invited us to dinner tonight. Along with Kathy and Timmy. Dan was making ribs on the grill, Kathy had to ask Timmy since he's the cook what they would bring, ended up bringing desserts a huge cheesecake that everyone loved and Apple pie. It's always a hard decision what to make for me, but I said since it was ribs. I brought the rest of my coleslaw, made cornbread, made baked beans and I also originally said I would make au gratin potatoes too.  Don't know what we did the first half of the day, probably the usual golf cart ride and talking to people. I probably started cooking around 3:00 at least. I had a lot of food I wanted to make,  it was hot but I didn't want to put the oven on, but I did. I got everything ready just in time, we laid it all in the bed of the golf cart drove over to Mary Jo and Dan's for 5:30,  we had a lovely meal together enjoy each other's company.

 We had a party crashers Todd and Sheila stopped by and said hi we introduced them to everyone. Jim made plans with Todd for an upcoming video, and Sheila and I will have a chat together too,, at some point. We invited them to eat since we had so much left over. They thanked us but declined and after a little chat they took off on Todd's one wheel, and Sheila was on her new ebike.
 After we put all the food away and took stuff home. Dan sprayed for mosquitoes. But we all went inside  till the spray settled.      Dan
MaryJo
Kathy and Timmy as she calls him.
Jim in the driver's seat, we all love the floor of there MH. Itasca Meridian 
 We never did come out again we all stayed inside there beautiful motorhome. And had a lovely conversation. We stayed until 9:30 or so, we thank them all so much for their hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment