Sunday, March 5, 2023

Five Open Houses

Five Open Houses 

Sunday February 26, 2023

This morning when we got up and drank our coffee decided to check email first thing in the a.m.. was looking for a specific one.  But instead I saw there was an email, for realtor.com. which I have many. Fun to look at houses for sale. And there was one saying there was five open houses today in a neighborhood in Leesburg in the same community.

 We spent a lot of time discussing it. Looking at all five properties, and where they were, they all have a varied price range.. Just for clarification,  it was only going to be for fun. They're already having an open house, we dont bother anyone to much, doesn't cost anything to look, just your drive time and the fact that there's a high possibility you will go out for lunch too. 

So I said we should decide, after much discussion. We decided to make a little drive to Leesburg, slightly later than we should have left, but we left. Was almost an hour drive. 

Once we arrived at the community they were in, which was gated we didn't know how to get in through the gate. No gate code was provided I found a number in the listing for the open houses. She wasn't the agent, she had no clue, and no gate code. So I just ended up, asking a lady that  was entering the property. She said the gate stays up for at least three cars to go through,  go quickly after she does.

 Which we did fast, and drove around and found the first one arrived just in time. We parked the truck and walked around to most of them. They all started and ended a different times and a lot of them overlapped. I asked our first agent if she could call the other agent, to see if we could take a peek. Which she did happily, we saw the first three. 
I will show you mainly the kitchen cuz that's the room I care about most, very important room. This one was the best of all of them. Everything was black and white check decor. The house was 199 900. Was three bedroom two bath just over 2,000 ft of living space with a fabulous kitchen.

The next one I referred to as his mom's just to differentiate, it was a small MH with a cute little kitchen bedroom and bath. The only problem is it has split floor with a little step down the middle. This one was $49,900

Then we did a self-guided tour of the amenities and Activity Center till the next one opened up. 
At the 2 pools we talked to quite a few people, everyone was super friendly and nice to chat with. We talked to at least three different people. 
And everyone waved as we walked by. 
Nice pontoon boat, this water connects to The Harris Chain of Lakes

Then after one we saw two more open houses. 
All the rest of the homes are 2 bed 2 bath.
Above 64,900

Great driveway too.
great outside curb appeal 
This was my second favorite. We met the owner she came back early, she was walking her 2 dogs, she said her leg hurt. We didn't have truck there, we had parked in a parking lot with more space. She didn't see a vehicle,  though no one was there. Had 2 tables and a 3rd out in a back spacious room. In very back of the kitchen,  had washer and dryer and great large pantry.
129,900.

99,900


Before deciding to leave and find somewhere to eat, by now we were really hungry, especially Jim was. 

Right before we arrived I texted Stewart and Sally what we were going to do. She immediately called me only a few minutes before we entered the gate. She was all excited I told her not to be, she thinks we should buy sooner than later. Just not ready yet. We thought we might be able to hook up with them for lunch. 
Jim really wanted to go to Oakwood, I really did too. Forgetting they closed on Sundays at 3:00. Kept driving, looking for a second choice, ended up passing a Sonny's, and that was a good substitute. It was very good, not quite as good as Oakwood though we must admit.
Great firewood, bet it's very dry. Wish we could take some home. Look how much there is. No one knew where they got it from.
After our fabulous lunch we did take some leftovers home. We made a stop at Publix, like I said  we wanted firewood, and I decided I would look for some of their frozen yogurt Publix brand that I like.

 There was a lady also staring at the Frozen yogurt, her name was Giselle, she said I bet you don't hear that name very often. I asked her where she was from, she said London, but she's lived here for 30 years. She said she was looking for something lower calorie, she said wanted to lose weight.
 Now that was my opening and we started talking about NO BS weight loss. We must have talked at least 15 minutes I get excited talking about the subject. I told her how to find it and gave her my card and told her of My Success, enjoyed our chat she said I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it. Said she was excited. We said goodbye and Jim and I headed home. 
Later we took a golf cart ride and saw Doug and Renee and said hi stopped at Barb and Tony but they weren't there. By now it was dark we went back home, didn't really eat dinner tonight had a cup of coffee and one cookie. Too much Sonny's BBQ. 

We really didn't finish lunch until 5:00 5:30 which is closer to our dinner time. Later I made some coleslaw, to go with tomorrow's leftovers and we watched some TV.
This was a cool chair at one of the open houses today.

1 comment:

  1. Remember our story. We had a Montana FW. When to a dealer to just look. NOT going to buy. Left with a Cedar Creek FW. Two years later we were camped near another dealer. Had nothing to do. Take a ride over to look. WE ARE NOT GOING TO BUY. Hence, the Open Range. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete