Saturday, March 18, 2023

Guess this is my new GOAL an HGT

Guess this is my new GOAL, an HGT

Sunday March 12, 2023

We woke up today so excited about our visit with David and Sondra Kahanamoku. 
He texted me and said it would be closer to 11:00 till they arrived.
I wanted to give them something as a Thank you, yesterday he said they liked dark chocolate too. I made fresh fruit dipped in chocolate. It was strawberries, banana, orange, and pineapples. Can't believe how quickly I did it.

Timing was perfect because the neighbor behind us was about ready to pull out. Jim talked to him briefly they're heading to Orlando. They were never there before and I was talking to her as they were pulling out. She was telling me how she just found out she was pregnant again, and they will need to get a bigger trailer,  they already had a 6-year-old I'll say. We told him about the procedure for TTO and how great we think it is and we gave him our little tips on arrival. As we chatted I heard the Roar of a diesel truck. We said goodbye to them. And I ran to get my camera,  here he comes. 
2016 780 Volvo

So exciting. David waited for the man to pull out cuz once he pulled up he was not going to be leaving anytime soon. Sondra got out of the truck and she asked me if I wanted to get in. REALLY, I can't believe how generous they are, I said are you kidding me.
 She told me the safe way to enter always keeping hold with a hand and a foot or two. Three points of contact, she called it. It was way easier than I anticipated.
SOooo fun I couldn't be more excited 
 I stayed in the truck with him while Sondra directed him front and back, front and back, to get as close as possible to the camper. Just like Jim had to do when we arrived. All while Jim was taking pictures. He gave me a little tour of the inside. But my phone takes terrible pictures,  couldn't get the flash to work.
 I took these off his YouTube TV,  Showing the fridge 
Forgot to edit this one, darn.
and the sink. 

Above this one with the closet, above that was a TV with a microwave behind it. 
The other picture is the booth dinette in the back, it seats two and makes into his twin bed when they camp in it. 
He said they stayed in the truck a few times. One was when Orion, the FW, was in for work. They always have a place to stay.  Can't believe I never thought of that. 
Also under closet is a cassette potty that pulls out.
I  WANT that in a truck. 

Just FYI you can go on YouTube and see the inside of both the FW and the truck video is up now too. 
Don't forget to hit like, comment and subscribe, lol
YouTube creater lingo. LOL

Then I went outside and I took some pictures. From a different angle. I said he could park it there, next to us, why not. I asked if they had time to sit and chat. 
How fantastic do they look together.
He said sure, so the four of us sat outside under the awning. Saw their big soda cups in the truck but they never took them out. Jim and I had water, but we sat out with them for 3 hours talking. They were so generous, with their time, as they are moving tomorrow. 
We talked about so many different things, I told them I love their videos. They're going to be making a trip to Alaska in Super C,  Curiosity  with the Jeep this summer. Forgot the Jeeps name.
I gave them the chocolate fruit. You can see my Berkey.
 After we said goodbye I said they definitely have a new fan with us.
Bye Voyager, the trucks name.
Just an FYI they had the truck built, she referred to it as watching it being born, coming off the assembly line. But it only had one axle in the back. But they soon realized their fifth wheel was going to be heavier than what spacecraft anticipated. So they had to add an extra axle. Also they use the commercial hitch plate, because Orion the fifth wheel has such a heavy pin weight.

 By then it was like 2:00 and we had lunch, luckily it was ready, I had leftover taco soup, I also made tortellini soup for later, for dinner later I  made cornbread and chicken and veggies.

Later after dinner our time, there was a Switch It Up LIVE, with Todd and Sheila.

 What a great day we had with David and Sondra.

No comments:

Post a Comment