Monday, March 13, 2023

Sad Goodbye TTO, Moving Day

Sad Goodbye TTO, Moving Day 

Monday March 6, 2023

                        PREVIEW of  coming Attractions 
This morning as we prepared to move from TTO to Southern Palms in Eustis. I decided to give my brother a call again,  as their birthday's were yesterday and I never did get to talk to them. We had a nice chat before we had to keep moving. 

We have storage behind our TV. But a different configuration then alot we have seen. I didn't look back here for a year, I bet, lol. Was thinking about trying to open up the space. Wouldn't really work well, after I looked at it again. Took a few things out, and shoved a few in. I had CDs that I took out of my car when we sold it.. Wanted to put in there, finally. Cleaned back there and closed it back up. OK on with moving day.
We left TTO about 11:00 a.m.. for some reason the Garmin RV wouldn't talk. We realized we missed a turn, but Jim  made a u-turn to get back on track.  I watch the Garmin closer to not miss another turn. Not sure if we ever did figure out why she wouldn't talk to us.
 Along the road we saw a dead cow. Our friends talked about a loose one last time. We never saw it then, it must be a regular thing in this area.
 We arrived at Southern Palms first time for us to ever be on the pool side of the park. We had a ranger that took us to our site. He was from London and had a very lovely accent, and I let him take the lead with Jim, as far as helping him back in. I usually do it but it didn't take long before I realized he was going to be better at telling him. We kept having him, going front and backing,  front and back,  just to move over a little bit. I kept trying to get out of the blazing sun.. We talked to our neighbors right away. The guy behind us we had to ask to move his Jeep to be able to back in. Actually the ranger did it.

 After Jim did his thing outside, I went in did mine and got us lunch together. 
When I went in and got upstairs,  found this mess in the shower. 
Not sure when or where this would have tipped over. 

While Jim was still outside, he met Vicky and Jack from Ohio, they drove there golf cart by and saw our camper and started talking to Jim, he wanted to know who made our beautiful fifth wheel. He never heard the name before.
 Later we saw Doug and Renee are here again they will be exercising with me this coming week. They gave me the details of when and where everything is.

 He hooked up the cable but it sucks, we talked to a few people and they said that's just the way it is. We asked at the check-in counter she said she would send someone over, pretty much the short story is they have cable, but they didn't say it was good cable. The local channels are terrible but the higher number ones aren't too bad. We'll just stick to what we usually do.
 We went over across the road with a golf cart on the first day. I was so excited when I saw this HDT. With a smart car and probably the nicest fifth wheel I've ever seen. Or nicest fifth wheel EVER. I would imagine the most expensive. It is a Spacecraft. The first one we ever saw was in the wild, in a campground we  talked to the people and got to see it. Had a huge front kitchen. Now we always check the ones out at the Tampa RV show every year. They're a total custom-made rig. Based on the price of the one at the Tampa show we just attended Jim and I are guessing this would be a million dollar rig. 
I LOVE this truck....
We love our fifth wheel, but the HDT I'm in love with.

 I say if I knew them what I know now, I'd have one. I took a few pictures of their rig. Hoping I get to talk to him at some point in the campground while they're here. 

After we got home we got dinner together and relaxed. There was a switch pod going on tonight, I think it started at 8:00 p.m. It's a ZOOM call, it's with any Switch  Crew that want to join the call.  I never did one before. I tried to go in per the link Cindy and Billy gave us. Jim was watching hockey, he wasn't real interested in going in then. By this time of night I was no longer camera ready. LOL I could see people in the room recognized a lot but I never could hear what they were saying. There are 3 different rooms to choose from, each having there own host,, and subject matter. So I left the zoom call and we ended up watching Survivor after hockey. 
Had beautiful sunset 
Our new site at Southern Palms 
Considering, it was a great Moving Day from Orlando.

No comments:

Post a Comment