Sunday, March 20, 2022

Early Moving Day

Early Moving Day

Saturday March 19, 2022

We got up today knowing it was going to be a very different Moving Day.  Stressful and Alot of waiting for others, But SO So grateful for everyone's help. 

I made us French toast for breakfast. Jim went outside right away to start taking the golf cart apart. 
I worked on the inside to start putting things away. So our friend Dennis was coming after he got off work at 2:30.

Around 12:30  Stewart came over picked Jim up to take him over to the truck to get the ramps out for the golf cart, to get it into the RV. I told him to make sure he thought long and hard if there was anything else he would need from it. He said he only could think of the flag, but later it  was to late then, but he forgot the rebar he needed. At least wasn't anything critical for moving.
I kept working while they were gone. But they were back in no time.

I asked Jim if he wanted to eat something before we left, ofcourse he said he did. The man Never turns down food.
We ate a little something. And I had baked off 6 of the Paleo Almond chocolate chip cookies that our favorites, that I made the other day. 

I did get a text while we waited, it  said I can't I'm out of town. OK guess that was the RV mover from here that I left a message with the other day, but he never said even who he was.

We wanted to be as ready as possible when he arrived. Just hook up and go. We dumped, put problem slide in first. I said we might as well wait until 230 to do the rest because he only got off then. We are half hour away.

We were able to say goodbye to a few people around us, they saw us packing up with no truck probably looked funny. One wanted to make sure we were ok.

I texted him after 3 said we are ready and hope he had a little room in the back of his truck. We had the LP bottle for our grill, wood and blocks we drive on and or level with, and the golf cart ramps.
He texted back no problem and he was on his way.

Very stressful having someone else move your RV home. Not sure which is more stressful. if a friend or having a stranger you hire move you. Can't even imagine what Jim would be feeling. 

When he arrived they walked out to the end of the road to come up with a game plan to make the turn.
Jim saw his hitch first, then I did, was a 16 K I did mention it. Everything makes me nervous. Ours is 20 K I think. Hookup went very smoothly. 
Ready to leave Clerbrook Golf and RV Resort 
We both watched him pull out. HOW really weird I'm sure it was for Jim. The sound it makes was a little bit unsettling but ALL was good, we headed out of the park. The guys chatting the whole time, I listened and only said a few things. 
We arrived to TTO he backed us into our site. I tryed to give him money he wouldn't take it.
We got set up. I forgot to mention that today it WAS HOT out, I saw his truck said 91 degrees when I was in the very comfy back seat.  
I did my inside stuff. I opened my cabinets fridge etc, nothing moved. He did a GREAT job thank you So much.
I got my  6 qt instant pot out. Put pasta, water, sauce tomato paste, onion and peppers, chopped up rest of the Italian sausage Jim grilled the other day. Put on for 4 minutes.
Then Jim called me outside quick, now what. Oh good. Was Rick and Kathy from PA in there golf cart, came to say hi. They offered to help us too, then she remembered they don't have a truck either.
Jim took a solo golf cart ride. 
We ate and chilled for the rest of the evening, so thankful to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment