Thursday, March 17, 2022

Line Dancing, Happy hour with new friends

Line Dancing, Happy hour with new friends 

Wednesday March 16, 2022

Seems like we are sleeping in much later, now because of the time change oh, I guess because we are. After breakfast I got ready and went up to line dance. We danced from 10 till almost 1. Was so fun. 

Then I went home with the golf cart, had to roll up the sides was pretty hot by now. Went home had lunch. Relaxed for a bit.

We went for a ride in the golf cart together now. I said can you believe it is after 3 now. WHAT, time goes so fast, having fun. 
Then  saw alot of people going into the  Veranda. I remembered it was Wednesday night happy hour from 3 to 5. I said let's go in and check it out see if you want to get drinks and come back. He didn't want to, :/  he wanted to shower first. I said OK I will go in check it out alone and you go back shower and bring your drinks back. OK. He agreed to that, I'm always forcing him to have fun, I'm terrible that way. 

I went in and checked out everything. They were selling burgers and dogs, chicken fingers, ect. Fried everything from FF, sweet FF.  Cheese sticks. Pickles, onions rings, etc. They had free sodas, cake, cookies, meatballs,  popcorn etc. So mad I forgot to take pictures. 
We missed last weeks happy hour because of our truck issues, this is the only chance to go. 
I ended up sitting by the door, watching people. This couple came in, looking around a little lost. I said Hi you can join me if you like, unless your here meeting someone, my hubby will be joining me soon. They said SURE 
We talked like fast friends, they are from PA too, Scranton.
We talked had snacks, they were doing karaoke, some of the people were very good too. Jim joined us, and Lynn and Jeanne. 
 The guys also got along great oh, we had so much fun together. I asked them how long they were together, she joked and said 2 weeks, he said it feels like a month. Turns out it has been for two years, they have a motorhome. They were both recently divorced. At 5 it's over. We had made plans to go to the St. Patrick's Day dance party tomorrow night. We got ready to leave and it was pouring. The four of us sat out on the porch waiting it out. One of the karaoke singer's came out. We tried to convince him to sing out here. They made a run for there jeep. There site was close by. We waited a bit longer. Was really pouring. Saw a rainbow, We finally got in the golf cart to ride home, had to drive around the long way to avoid some really deep puddles. 
We arrived home safe and dry. 
That was SO fun. 
Then I made fried catfish and hush puppies for dinner. 
We talked with Bryan in PA, by then was dark, we were going to take another ride. Was beautiful out now.  We of course watched TV, always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment