Friday, March 11, 2022

Wonderful Uber Experience

Wonderful Uber Experience 

Wednesday March 10, 2022

Jim set alarm for 7:30 am, I didn't sleep well. I heard him go downstairs. Then the alarm went off. He came up and turned it off. I said guess you wanted me up too.  He was going to call to find a rental car. Then Stewart was going to drop him off to pick it up. He had an early appointment too. Well no car's were available, he even called Uhaul. NONE.  He texted Stewart to say thanks but that plan won't work. 

The activity Lady called Her name is Joyce, I had asked to do the glitter tattoos for the kids,, Friday and Saturday she said NO because of liability,  whatever,  I don't think they like kids here period.

Jim went out to get Golf cart ready. Our nice neighbor Mike was out and Jim said HI, he was wondering  where our truck was. They chatted a bit, about what happened and HE told Jim he would take him to pick it up when ready. How nice is that. While they talked he had a Kroger food delivery. Jim said that's a good idea, since we can't just go now. 

So plan B was,  He had this Doctor appointment in Orlando at noon, so he called an Uber. So he arrived at 10:30ish. He picked us up at our site.. we thought we'd have to drive golf cart to gate and leave it there.His name was Johnny a native Floridian. Don't meet alot of natives. He turned out to be the nicest guy ever. We talked the whole way there. He was all about customer service and taking care of us. He was interested in our 43 year relationship,  and asked us if we had any advice. He was only four years into his marriage. 
He gave us his # and said he would pick us up to go home, we mentioned that we would like to stop and eat something before we go home. He said NO problem I will take you wherever you want to go. We invited him to join us later, he said thanks, NO. 

We went to Jim's appointment. When I made the appointment, They said I could stay with him, then they asked me to wait. Took forever then I could go in. Then they made me go out again. It just didn't go as well as we hoped. But Jim is OK that's  the main thing.

So we walked out he texted Johnny to pick us up. It took a bit. This was a beautiful clean building we were in. We sat inside trying to figure out where we could go eat something quick. It was pouring rain on and off, really heavy. We talked about walking to Applebee's a 20 minute walk. He texted Johnny to tell him. He said he was close, so we didn't walk, which is good because it started pouring rain again. Glad we didn't, plus it seams alot farther than 20 minute walk. He dropped us at Applebee's.  sign said please wait patiently to be seated. We'll we waited. The place was almost empty. We waited over 5 minutes at least. Finally someone came up to us said would be a 15 minute wait. Wow. We said no thanks. We went next door to Charlie's cheesesteak place which he loves, I had half chicken one. Was good and quick. We didn't want to keep Johnny longer then we had to. He was going to talk with his wife while we ate. We went out he said where next, home. 

We talked the whole time. All different things. He thought that we were the coolest. We should have asked him if he could tell our boys that.

Some how I mentioned my chocolate chip zucchini cake. I wanted to use up the rest of my fresh zucchini  to make another one. I freeze then in single serving. I had only 3 left in freezer. I said I will give you two to try. He was so sweet and appreciative. We arrived home. And we invited him in to see our FW. He never saw anything like it before. He had to watch his head. Not many people do in here. FW are tall inside, he is 6'5". We gave him the tour. He was so nice, I hope we made a new friend and we get to see him again. We gave him the cake, and said our goodbyes. Who hugs there Uber driver when they drop them off, WE do. Twice lol, what a blessing to meet such a nice kind person. Thank you Johnny So much.
We were tired 2 long days. We did take a golf cart ride and took the trash out.. then we received a call from where the truck is we got the estimate and we gave our approval to go ahead with it. Probably be ready Wednesday they said. Then we got home and
I made my zucchini cake. 
I made a deer roast in IP making chili with rest tomorrow. I made potato pancakes with homemade applesauce. Then made zucchini pie. Just eggs. Cheese, onions seasoning biscuit mix. I fried them like pancakes too. Usually put in oven, I Switch It Up. 
We watched a little TV before bed and videos then hockey. Stayed up too late, I  was tired too.



No comments:

Post a Comment