Thursday, March 3, 2022

Hot Pioneer Day's

Hot Pioneer Day's 

Thursday March 3, 2022

I stayed up really late last night, but still got up just after 7. Wasn't as cool this am, but I did put the fireplace on for a short time. Turned coffee on waited till Jim got up. I watched the news. Going to be another hot one. I made us a good size hearty breakfast. Chilled for a bit. Jim was out trying to repair a couple of our new 20.00 chairs we got at Sam's Club. 

We went across the road just down a bit is Pioneer Park. Where they have Pioneer Day's, we went for the first time last year, the hit and miss engines are really cool. It was 5.00 to park and 5.00 each to go in. We walked around, but alot was in sun it just wiped us out. We didn't stay that long, probably barely 2 hours. Got a bottle of water and a sugar free Lemonade. Jim was really sweating. We got back to truck. Went home only about half mile away.
I Called this a Mary Kay Tractor 
Really old clothes washers. 
   Oil lamps, some were on.
Really old kitchen items

We both took showers right away. Jim went first,, while I was waiting my turn, Eric and Ann our new Switch Crew Friends said they were going over if we wanted to join them.. OMG, NO way,, I said we just got home.. had a snack and relaxed for a bit to get energy back. Jim actually fell asleep for awhile.

I told Jim he had to call or text Steve and tell him we made a huge error in judgment. That we need a plan B. We made plans to go back over to Pioneer Day's with them tomorrow. I don't know what I was thinking, when I thought it would be a good idea to scope it out today, see where would be a good place to eat something over there. Last year, just wasn't that hot like it was today.

So he changed our plans with them tomorrow, if they want to go over and check it out, before they leave thats fine, they are younger then us.. we just can't do it again and tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter then today. 

Later he grilled burgers and a few extra for tomorrow.
We took golf cart ride after we ate. Stopped by and talked with Eric and Ann they were packing up. They are  Moving on tomorrow. We will see them in Texas. And they think they found a place to buy a Cricket when they get home. We talked about the Pioneer Day's how hot and dusty and dirty it was over there. And some of  the cool things they saw.  Had to put our lights on for the way home. 
We got home I washed dishes and we watched Hockey game before bed, I'm pooped out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment