Monday, May 29, 2023

Chinese food, and errands

Chinese food and errands 

Saturday May 27, 2023.

Jim loves to say you never get a day off when you're retired. Today is my day off I'm not doing Walk fit on weekends. So enjoyed our coffee and breakfast. Talk to my brother Drew so excited to go up to see them and actually stay there in our home. He said he's working on our site. Still have to figure out the electric, as of now we will only have a 110 outlet. Never did that before hope our surge protector doesn't mind. Drew sent us this picture taken on the house side of the road, looking over where we will park the FW. It will be where the red line is. Backed up to the creek, you can't see.
Jim says it'll be fine, fine it's all fine. We tried to make some travel plans for later. So much to do and figure out. I think I taught him how to procrastinate too well, because we totally forgot yesterday we were going to do a few errands. Last night when we finally remembered, we said we would do them today. The biggest thing was get the mail. So we decided to leave and get  Chinese food our favorite peanut butter chicken. 
It's funny cuz the lady in the Chinese restaurant said oh, you lost a lot of weight, which is kind of funny, Jim's laughing in the truck with me. He said you're supposed to hear the accent. LOL LOL that's probably wrong. What else is funny is today one year ago I found no BS up with my brother Drew and David and immediately starting my weight loss Journey. It's just so funny when someone recognizes you from a business and acknowledges your weight loss. 
We like to come out to the truck to eat, that way I can keep some leftovers, and as soon as we did we realized what time the UPS store closes. Was 3 minutes from the time we started eating, that they close. So we have to do the mail another day, again. So we finished eating and that's when I did the two consecutive blog post, sitting in the truck.
 Then we went to get beer, a few more groceries for our Memorial Day picnic out with Thomas. Decided to walk around Target first,  a brand new store in Lebanon, we were going to check out. Also wanted to run into CVS then we will head home. There is a CVS in Target so that saved a stop.
After we got home put everything away it was way after 5 pm. Had a lite dinner and went for a golf cart ride. They we having a live band tonight. We listened to the music. 
Alot of country and I texted Sandy from TTO and her and Carol came up. We did a few line dances together. Jim never got a picture. But was fun. Then after 7:30 he started to rock out, then took a break. So we finished our golf cart ride. Ended up stopping with Dennis and Linda, were sitting out with there friends Chris and Kim. 
Kim said what are you doing, I had to get a picture.
Kim, Chris me, Linda, Jim and Dennis.
She gave me a Cosmo and Jim a beer. We sat on the deck chatted for awhile. She asked me about NOBS, and then it got chilly so we all went inside chatted. We all left about 10:30. We drove home, what a fun day.

Sunday May 28, 2023

Today Jim was up first. When I got up had coffee and breakfast. I started cooking right away. I  made deviled eggs, potatoes salad, baked orange creamsicle cake out on the Ninja.
 Then yesterday I thought that I might start making food and freeze it for our Maine trip.  
Jim cleaned all the meat off the 2 chicken's from yesterday. I  made a dark bean, white chicken chili. Didn't have any white beans. Also made chicken corn noodle soup. Later I made dinner with almost all of the chicken left. My favorite casserole, had mayo, cream of chicken soup, celery and onions, water chestnuts. Put in MICROWAVE for 20 minutes. I saved us some to freeze too. 
We went for a golf cart ride while dinner cooked. 
Got home, later Jim made a fire. 
Sat out for awhile, went in to watch Dateline.
I talked to my cousin Wanda and then took a shower. We went to bed late was after 10:30.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking the band was not Steves. You sure do a lot of cooking. Miss having you here, for that reason and a lot of others. lol

    ReplyDelete