Thursday, May 25, 2023

Visiting with former supervisor

Visiting with former supervisor 

Monday May 22, 2023

This morning we got up had breakfast and Jim texted Neil. They wanted Jim to help him move the car for them, as today is their travel day to PA Dutch. Jim walked over and got in the car just as I took this picture.
 Later we got ready in the afternoon and went to pick up his mother. We went to Funck's Family Restaurant in Palmyra for lunch. 
After we finished we took her to Redner's so she could get her groceries for the week. I only purchased milk and a couple other little things. We were mainly helping her find her things. She was thankful that we got the scooter for her.
 After Redner's we took her home and got her inside with her shopping haul. Then we left to come home, we realize later we forgot to get the mail.

 Once we got home we got situated, I had invited my former boss, Terri to come visit. She's now The dietitian at Cornwall Manor where I used to work. She's a lot of fun, and has a great sense of humor, she always made me laugh. When she arrived we came in and I showed her our camper. She was never really in an RV before. Then I took her for a golf cart ride and showed her the rest of the campground. Jim came back and we all chatted for a little while.
 She tried to talk me into coming back to work. She's so funny, I told you. Then we said our goodbyes. And she left I told her don't go over 5 miles an hour, LOL. 
After that I heated up dinner that was already made, Jim had leftover lasagna soup and I had the last of the Egg Roll in the bowl. Then we took a golf cart ride together before we settled in for the evening of Naked and Afraid, Last Man Standing.

Roots and Park City Mall

Tuesday May 23, 2023

This morning I got up right after Jim. We had our coffee and breakfast and
Watched the geese coming in the back of our site.
Then made the official plan to leave and go to Roots. It's another farmer's market type of a place, only open on Tuesdays in Lancaster County.
 We made the drive and this place had so much produce. I did buy some beautiful peppers all these for $3.50
Then we talked to this guy that was selling wine that is made with honey. I guess they used to do it a long time ago, but he said it's not really done anymore, but his son came up with it.
Sounds like they have a pretty good family business together. 
We walked around quite a while 
Furniture store here too.
Sweets everywhere,  anything and everything you can imagine.
 Then we went back to the truck to eat the lunch I packed. It was about 1:30 by now and a lot of traffic to get out of there. Once we finally got out of there. We headed to the Park City Mall.
 Walked around went into a jewelry store I still need a new necklace. Guy showed us one that was $795, lovely. I think I'll just get the ones I have repaired.
 They have a Boscov's there and I went in to do some bra shopping. Which is a nightmare and not very fun.
Luckily there was a chair and Jim said and waited, I guess you could say patiently, he did quite well. I ended up finding two. 
Then we went to the food court to look around Jim did get a piece of pizza
 and we shared a soda. Then we went into Spencer's Gifts and that's always a hoot. They had funny T-shirts one said, "After I say that's crazy twice, please wrap up your story." Everyone knows some who needs that policy.
Also one with Jim's favorite saying 
In my defense I was left unsupervised.
They have lovely outdoor seating and more shopping out here.
When we left we found a beer distributor on the way out. Jim pulled in and went in to get beer when I started working on the blog for a couple minutes. 
Then we got back home. Brought everything in I heated up dinner and we watched a little news. 
The coffee flavored wine, made with honey he bought.
He opened up a beer to because 
Jim went outside and started a fire,
 later I heard Denise and Ben come up and we're talking with him while I was working on the blog. He tried to get a sunset picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment