Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Memorial Day with family

Memorial Day with family 

Monday May 29, 2023

I was up first today I started the coffee and worked on the blog, Jim slept late this morning. I got ready, Sandie texted me she was already up at the family center. I hurried and went up, we did 3 miles of walk fit together, while we chatted a bit.
After we finished I came home. Got ready to go. Watched alot of people leaving this morning. Jim showered, then he grilled chicken to take long.  I packed up all the food I made, we left right before 11:30.
First we went to pick up Jim's mom. Then we had to move all the food into her car. 
We drove out to Thomas and as we arrived and we're helping grandma in Travis arrives right after us. So great seeing my boys together, as they helped Grandma come in the one step entry door. 
We chatted and Thomas got the grill going, grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. 
We had a lovely meal together and I served our orange creamsicle cake for dessert. We all chatted for a while. So nice seeing everyone got as many hugs in as I could with my boys.
 We started packing up about 2:30 to take her home.
We dropped her off but didn't stay long, just long enough for me to post with there good internet. Then we got diesel and decided to take the long drive home through Mount Gretna. Once we arrived and came in put everything away and relaxed for a while and then it was after 5:30 I was ready for dinner.  I made cornbread out on our Ninja Grill. We ate it with the chili I made yesterday it was dark bean chicken chili.
 After we ate we took a golf cart ride. Some guy had a loose dog and ran out started fighting with a little dog on a leash, as they walked by, not cool.

 When our ride was almost over we saw Pam and her husband Tom walking. She is the dance teacher I know from Orlando, they arrived today. We had a nice chat with them. Tomorrow they're going to Roots then we made plans to get together to all go up to Grantville and line dance.  
Then we got all our "geese" in a row.
After we got home we saw we had a new neighbor rocking Russ, he's the guy Jim used to work with and they played together the other week. We went inside and watch the news and then we watched Naked and Afraid before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment