Saturday, May 20, 2023

Jamming and grilling

Jamming and Grilling 

Thursday May 18, 2023
This morning Jim was up early, but I slept in a bit. What a great night we had. We had coffee and I finally made breakfast pretty late in the morning.
 I just made Jim French toast with sour dough bread I just bought. The phone rang, it was his mother, she said she couldn't get the microwave to work right, the clock wouldn't come back on. She asked him if he could come over, he said he would, I asked her if she wanted French toast. So I made  another piece and send it along. After he left I decided to do some kitchen chores.
 I had a few Peppers to chop up, two loaves of bread to rewrap, cleaned out the freezer inside a bit, took the rest and put it in the outside freezer. Took out the garbage and washed the dishes. Then I worked on the blog. I even got to talk with Cindy Smith a few minutes.
Then Jim arrived home closer to noon. That really went fast. 
I said I was going to go do walk fit and then I'll come back and we would have lunch together. I decided to do it in the outside Pavilion as it was a lovely day. I only could get a silhouette of myself, proof I worked out. 
After I did my 3 miles I went back to Jim, when I got back Tina and John were talking to Jim. 
He invited them over later for the jam session. After they left I had my salad for lunch. And he put the grill on and made some Italian sausage and a burger out there.  I made him a Italian sausage sandwich bowl everything on a sandwich, but put in a bowl with only one piece of bread. After that his former co-worker Russ came down with his guitar.
 Jim had set everything up outside they had a lovely Little Jam session. I really enjoyed listening to them. I was playing their roadie. At one point I did go in and work on the blog as the internet was doing pretty well. 
Tina and John came back to listen to them. She is a line dancer too, we talked about dances we both knew. We even practiced one I knew, she was still learning.
Later I had texted Makayla to see if it was okay to come over with the instant pot that we had, they were going to give it a good home. I just don't need a third one. I started dinner, and then we ran the instant pot over.
 They invited us in we said hi to their puppies, then we got back and made potato pancakes, with leftover mashed potatoes from the other night. I heated up the burger Jim grilled at lunch with some potato pancakes.
 I also made egg roll in a bowl, in the instant pot, with some of that sausage and shrimp we had. We ate dinner outside. Jim put everything away and I washed most of the dishes. He was tired and went to bed early, I watched a little TV before bed.

1 comment: