Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Firewood, special brownies and music

Firewood, special brownies and music 

Saturday May 20, 2023

This morning we got up did our regular routine and Jim left an 11:00 a.m. to Go Play Lumberjack with Byron and split campfire firewood. Jim is wearing my brother's shirt, he is a real Lumberjack, and chainsaw wood carver.
They had huge pile of wood to split.
Byron's butt shot, sorry.
 I did my own projects while he was gone.
 He didn't return until 3 in the afternoon. I made him lunch when he returned, he took a shower and we went to Redner's. Local grocery store.
 We came back and chilled for the rest of the evening had dinner. 
Then we went up to the Family Center they were playing hippie music, lol from the '60s and '70s and they had what they called "magical" brownies, delicious.
So good, they even had gluten free. MM, plain, cheesecake and mint, nice selection.

 They're was a guy playing music.
 Rebecca and Michael were there from Orlando,  we sat with them was a very enjoyable evening. 
They had a costume contest.
Rebecca and I even did a line dance together before we left. We got home about 9:30.

Sunday May 21, 2023

This morning after we got up had breakfast, I started prepping for my dinner party tonight. Chopped zucchini peppers, onions eggplant. Got everything out and realized I didn't have as many lasagna noodles as I thought I did. 
We got ready for the day and I called Quentin Tavern and made call ahead seating arrangements for the six of us.

 We left around 11:00 a.m. went to the Dollar General where we park on moving days, to wait for official noon check-in time here. I ran in they had no lasagna noodles so I bought ziti, that will work for lasagna soup. 
Then we went to the Quentin Tavern to meet Dennis and Linda and Stewart and Sallie for lunch, they were coming in from Circle M.
We were almost half an hour early so we had our internet and I worked on the blog.
 Dennis and Linda arrived first, we sat and chatted with them while we waited for Stewart and Sallie. She texted us earlier and said they should be there on time, depending on how many horse and Buggies they have to pass. I said it is a Sunday,  and they're all on the move.
 Once they arrived we all went in together had a lovely lunch and chatted the six of us.
 Then we left and went back to our campsite with Stewart and Sallie, Denise and Linda went to do errands. We will see them again later. 
We got back to our RV went inside and I had texted and asked Dennis and Linda if we could use their golf cart to give them a tour of the campground, they were never here before. They were very lovely to agree. 
We took them for a nice ride and then came back to our camper and started the lasagna soup.
 I wanted to show Sallie how the instant pot works. She says she's going to buy one. I had also prepped a dump cake with cherries on one side blueberry on the other and we took that outside and got that on the Ninja to bake. Later we had it for dessert with vanilla frozen yogurt. 
Later Dennis and Linda came up for dinner and we all sat outside and had dinner together. We took this funny, silly picture, 
Linda was closest to the phone to take the picture, she said there was nowhere for her head to go, we all cracked up when she laid it on the table. 
We had a lovely time the six of us. Stewart and Sallie left about 7:30 8:00 we all say goodbye and hugged. Then Dennis and Linda sat with us till about 10:00 p.m. and we enjoyed her pitcher of Cosmo that she brought up while the guys had a beer or two, LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment