Monday, May 22, 2023

Today I bought a new set of Wheels

Today I bought a new set of Wheels 

Friday May 19, 2023

Today we got up and got ready and left at 10:00 a.m. to head towards Lancaster County. Spending part of our day at Green Dragon. 
Took about an hour to get there, found a place way in the back to park. Been a long time since Jim and I were there together. Took a ton of pictures, so much food everywhere. 
Making sweet treats.
Didn't eat a thing. So much to see. But I did buy myself some new wheels.
There's a lot of big buildings with many different venders inside. We found a lady that had a Rainbow Vacuum cleaner booth. The Wheels on mine, one was falling apart and left a trail of pieces every time I used it. So we'll replace with this new set.
So much food, treats, produce, fresh meat and the middle picture is homemade marshmallows. 
Then we went into this really cool country furniture store. Everything made with beautiful wood, logs etc.
 We were getting hungry for lunch soon. We didn't feel like the flee market food. Which I don't think Jim ever turned down any of that stuff before. BUT, What I should have done was packed a lunch. But thought we'd have a fun Lancaster experience. Jim surprised me and told me we were also going to go to Kitchen Kettle Village. 
Which was a good half hour away, we can eat lunch there. So when we arrived. We saw a horse and buggy Park right next to us, don't think he liked the noise of the diesel. 
Then a group playing bluegrass music. There was a one-man band. Also beautiful flowers everywhere. 
The chicken on the grill was at Green Dragon.
There was a rack of funny sayings on coasters. The one I really liked was you know you're serious when you use a shopping cart in the liquor store. Here's a few other ones.
We went into a shop that has jellies, relishes and salsa homemade. You're not allowed to take pictures, but they were in the process of making some kind of jelly. Had ice cream scoop collection.
The Mennonite ladies we're all working together and they don't want you to photograph them. I got a few other shots of the store though. The Tasting wasn't as plentiful as normal. They had a tasting station we only had one thing. By then Jim was starving, hangry. The one restaurant there is closed. Some guy with a chef coat on asked us what we were looking for. We told him a place to eat and he walked us all the way back to where the Harvest Cafe is.  above 
We didn't get any pictures, but Jim got a tuna fish salad sandwich on rye with chips and a soda. I got half of the tuna with a cup of chicken corn noodle soup. And some little mini chocolate pie , I didn't even like it that much . It was 41 dollars. I knew I should have packed, but it was good. Then we went back out and walked around some more. Went into a leather store, this collage has leather and fudge. 
We did get to taste that the fudge, slices look like hunks and meatloaf. Then I tried on a few leather coats. The black one was around $400 the brown short leather jacket was two something I forget. 
We went into a coffee shop, we're not cool enough for fancy overpriced coffee.
Then we headed to the bathroom on the way out got a cute picture of this ice cream shop, with all of basin next door. All olive oil
Took an hour to drive home. It was a beautiful drive through Amish Country in Lancaster county. We arrived home around 5:00 p.m. too tired even take a golf cart ride. Was a beautiful day we just stayed in. Had a light dinner and watch TV before bed.

1 comment:

  1. I miss the days when there were samples of everything put out to taste at the Jam store. Covid changed all that. Years ago Len bought something at the leather store. A wallet, I think. About all we could afford. We used to go the Green Dragon with our camping club. Would boondock overnight there.

    ReplyDelete