Thursday, May 18, 2023

Happy Monday

Happy Monday 

Monday May 15, 2023

This morning I got up at 6:15 started the coffee, and finished up the blog. When Jim woke, I waited til 9, and made a phone call to Affinity RV group in Indiana. We want to set an appointment to have our slide that they took out, tweeted as we call it. It just needs a little something,  something. Jim has to give it a little push when it first starts to go in. Everything else is perfect. I left a message with April. Johna that does the scheduling will call back, she only gets in at 10.

I made breakfast and went up to do walk fit a little after 10:00. Hopefully I don't miss her call,, I even took my datebook. I did my 3 Mile Walk and then I wanted to practice some line dances. When I started about five kids ranging in age, came down to where I was. It was a good way to have a distraction and still be able to remember the dance I was doing.. lol.
didn't really make it fun though. I only did four and then I went back to the RV. 
Jim had just texted me that he was leaving to go to his mom's to get her microwave that was being delivered today, and install it for her. 

When I got back I started my cleaning project that I've been procrastinating on. I vacuumed put the wax on the floor that makes it so shiny and pretty. I didn't use the mop though, I did it on my hands and knees so I could get in all the nooks and crannies. I stopped in between everything and had a light lunch. Was trying to dust did some laundry, blah blah blah enough of that. 

I had to plug my phone in when I got back I was afraid I'd missed the call from Affinity. I kept looking at it to see if it was lit up. After I was done making all the noise with the vacuum I looked at it, sure enough they had called, so I returned their call and told her what was going on, we booked a time for us to go back September 27th. So looking forward to that.

Then I went outside listened to Corrine, it was so beautiful out. Jim didn't return till almost 4:00. He said he arrived right when the microwave was being delivered he literally took it from the truck into the house. After it was installed 
they went to a restaurant that specializes in crepes, it was new. Ancestors Coffee House and creperie.
Jim took a terrible pictures of her. He said the food was OK, but he doesn't have to go back, glad I missed it.
He said inside the shop was cute.
 Then they had lunch and went back to the house and played some cards.

After Jim was home I had three bathroom rugs I wanted to wash in the big washers in the laundry mat. So I put them in the golf cart and took them over there. Then I realized I needed a credit card, last year you could use quarters. So I had to go all the way back get my card and come back. I waited till they went in the dryer and then I went back to the RV heated up pork for Jim for dinner I had a salad with chicken made a couple eggs in the instant pot. After we ate we went back together to get the rugs. Then we drove around the park stopped and said hi to Russ. He used to work with Jim, their planned on playing guitar with Jim's drums on Thursday late afternoon together. 
We stopped and said hi to Harold and Cindy, and Makayla and Nick. We talked about a few different things, places to go in the Keys. She also mentioned her instant pot died and she had to throw it away. Jim and I were both thinking the same thing when I got home I texted her if she wanted my third one, it needed a good home and I just couldn't leave it sit along the road. I called my Aunt Sandy at 8:00 p.m. to see if she had time for a visit tomorrow. She has an appointment too in the later afternoon I told her I'd call her tomorrow at noon. To see if it'll work.
After we got back we just watched a little TV and enjoyed my clean RV.

Tuesday May 16, 2023

This morning we both woke up at 6:30 got up and had coffee. Have a busy day today. Last night Jim turned off the water heater as he wants to recharge the softener clean out the water heater new filters, etc. He went out and started that, I hated to leave while he was outside but I eventually went out at 10 to walk fit and line dance. 
When I got there a guy in a kayak was fishing. I saw a ranger walk up to him, I thought what the heck could he possibly yell at him for. He asked him if he caught anything. 
Then said can you do me a favor and pull the debris out of the drain is all clogged up. He said sure I'll take care of that for you. That was nice way to delegate. Good job. All clean now.
 I was up there till almost 11:30 walked back as Jim was finishing up. Neil and Nancy were just leaving.
We talked about what all we did. 
He recharge the water softener, new filters, cleaned out the tank of the water heater. 
We were told full-timer need to do it every 3 months. It gets this weird jelly looking stuff in it. Looks like ice in the grass.
Then we went inside took showers had lunch and left to go do our errands for the day.
First we visited with my Aunt Sandy, my Dad's youngest sister. 
Her dog loved Jim.
Then we stopped at GF Bowman's to visit Jim's former employer. 
They had alot to say about his hair. Lol

Then we went next door for my eye appointment. Need the pressure in my eyes checked. They wanted to see when I could come back to get my eyes dilated. I told him I had a small window when we were here, so he just did it today. And I had Jim check on his glasses that he scratched last year as soon as we left. He said they have one replacement a year,, so he's getting it new lens for free. 
After that appointment was over we were going to stop and visit Joe. Another former employee of Bowman's but they weren't home.
 Jim waited in the truck while I ran into Country View. We got home put everything away, I made salads for dinner it was after 6:30 by now. Nancy stopped over and they made a fire here. Nancy and I went in about 8:00. I went to bed before Jim came in.

No comments:

Post a Comment