Monday, May 15, 2023

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day Weekend 

Saturday May 13, 2023
This morning I was up first. Nice not to use any heat overnight. It did drizzle a little bit last night. Then again later this morning. When Jim got up we had coffee and I started breakfast, after I worked on the blog. Made Jim an apple Cinnamon Pancake, with whipped cream and strawberries.

After breakfast he went outside and worked on fixing the golf cart rain cover with a little tape.
I started cleaning up inside. I put a load of his wash in after he took a shower. I just don't get that much opportunity to do that very often alone. I got rid of my old food processor, only had one attachment that worked. I even found the instruction book to go with it. Wanted to see if I could find a year for it, 1978. WOW, that's nuts. Don't even remember where I got it. It took a lot of space in the bottom of the pantry.

I also cleaned out under dinette chairs, to much collects under there. Also in the entry coat closet. Got rid of a dust pan that I never use. 
Then Jim started his, can we go now speech, lol.
First we took the golf cart and dropped off the dust pan and food processor in the laundry room here, where we dropped off a few things the other day. Those items were gone already.
It was drizzling a bit. We went right back to the FW and I put the load in the dryer and got ready and left. 

We stopped at Weis Market, the expensive equivalent
To Publix here, and picked up some Mother's day flowers.

We arrived and Jim gives his mom the card, candy and flowers with a big hug.
We ordered Chinese food to be delivered. She doesn't like to go out as much. Also wanted us to come today, not tomorrow. 

Shannon took me up to see her new shower that is almost finished. Is beautiful, love the floor. It's pebble stones, can't see in this picture.
The food came, we ordered way, way to much. We had two big bags. Still left with one really full one.
Forgot a food picture. After we ate, was super good. They played more cards, rummy. I got on there internet and worked on the blog.
We had alot of leftover food to take home. We did stop at Kohl's  to look for a new pair of shoes,  sandals to go with my light color summer dresses.
My old pair are shot. I found two I liked. I put on one of each in the picture to see what I picked out.
Then we stopped so Jim could get booze, This is what he picked out. The big bag behind it is full of leftover Chinese.
The other shower picture thought I had the floor I was my favorite part, can't see it here. 
I packed up leftover Chinese food in two containers to freeze. We had a little for tomorrow. 
Then we made a frozen mud slide, was so good. We took a golf cart ride, I drove so Jim could enjoy it.
We talked with Bill again on our way back. Saw the pretty hanging flowers she had them on the picnic table. They leave tomorrow.
Then Jim made a fire,
 I watched the end of Naked and Afraid XL, NExT Level, took a shower later, before he came in.
Think we will need fireplace on tonight.
Jim took sunset pictures.

Sunday May 14, 2023

Mother's Day

I was up at 6:15 am this morning. Started coffee early. When Jim got up we had breakfast later.
I pretty much spent the day waiting to see if we would hear from the boys. We had no plans.

I knew Bill and Marilyn Dobbs were leaving today went out to get pictures.
About 10 am Thomas texted said they were going to be in the area they were going to stop by. Lovely  !!

We ate leftover Chinese food for lunch, they arrived close to 2 pm.

We sat in the back of the RV, where we had shade. Had to put awning in before they arrived it got to windy.
We all took a golf cart ride. Thomas said needed a front end alignment since one tire was bald already.
So he showed us how to, then he just did it.
Was nice spending the afternoon with them. 
Later Travis texted me Happy Mother's day, he said he was at work.
Later we grilled boneless pork ribs for dinner. Not much else going on. Jim cleaned up, washed dishes and the grill. Then went for golf cart ride after dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment