Saturday, May 27, 2023

Smoking Chicken on the Ninja

Smoking Chicken on the Ninja 

Friday May 26, 2023

This morning we did our morning coffee and breakfast. I did walk fit before lunch outside under the awning again. I saw this lady walking towards me, thought she look like Sandy from Orlando, thought it couldn't be. It WAS, She came up and said hi and said the same thing about me. It looks like her, she also said. 
We chatted for a while as I kept moving my feet. She said sorry for interrupting, I said no problem I can talk and walk at the same time, most days. We did walk fit together and line danced in Orlando. 
She's a widow for 14 years she said and her son helps set her up when she travels. She's from Reading PA, never realized that.
 She asked me if I ever went to the Winner's Circle, LOL I said I was there last night. I gave her my card again and we plan to get together. As Pam is also going to arrive shortly here in hershey.
 After I walked Jim and I had lunch. I put my leftover panini from the other day on the Ninja on air crisp and in like less than 5 minutes it was so perfect.
 Then we got the two chickens I bought at Horning's. Not sure of their weight, but they were under $5 each. We made sure they would fit on the grill with the lid shut before we opened up the packages. Perfect fit, we put on Emerald Lagasse bam seasoning. Set it on smoker. It presets to a 4-Hour timer @ 250,  we let it go for two hours, checked it with a thermometer it temped at almost 170. So we took it off, put it inside to rest.
You can tell Jim has a picture in there.

 A while later once we had dinner, it was good, but I wish I would have let it on for another hour, hopefully we'll remember for next time. I wanted it to be a little more falling off the bone. Jim has to take all the meat off the bones tomorrow, and I will make soup with it. And one of my favorite chicken casseroles. After we did that and dinner was over Jim and I made delicious frozen mud slides. 
He started a campfire. 
I stayed out with him which I don't do as often as he says he would like. We were outside pretty much on and off all day so beautiful out, although a little chillier than we're used to. LOL I even got a lovely sunset picture for the evening.
Just as a side note, as I'm publishing a couple consecutive post, because we're sitting in a parking lot now in Lebanon for better and faster internet. Even though it did kick me out once and I had to recover the whole post from Jim's phone, and reentered about 7 pictures. GEEZ...Once we leave the Lebanon area and go up to my brother's, I realize a lot of these posts are already boring as H. So I might go to once a week posting when we're Upstate Pennsylvania. But will continue Daily Post once we start traveling again in the class C motorhome to Maine, Etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment