Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Happy NO Work Monday

Happy NO Work Monday 

Monday May 8, 2023

This morning Jim was up first again, we had our coffee. We couldn't help think about how weird it was not to be working on this Monday. Because we would have been in the past. 
 I made us breakfast. Jim made a 10 am appointment to go get the oil changed. He left about 9:15. I worked on this past weekends blog. 

He was going to take his mom to lunch, but she didn't want to go. He came back and we had lunch together. 
Then I decided to try and make Vicky's macaroni salad that she puts mustard in, it's really good. I also hard boiled the beautiful brown eggs that she gave us. I hated to peel them because they're so pretty. Then I made deviled eggs with most of them, put some in the macaroni and saved a couple for salads later.
I went for a walk and listened to Corrine for an hour. When I got home we made grilled salmon for dinner. We ate outside. 
I also prepped some, what I call egg bites. A lot of people make them in the instant pot, I don't have a mold for the IP, so I wanted to make them on the grill in muffin pan. Hoping to bake them off for tomorrow morning's breakfast, then I'll have a few left for travel day Wednesday when we go to Hershey.

Tuesday May 9, 2023

This morning Jim got up before I did again, darn.
After coffee I decided we should try baking the egg bites outside especially since it didn't seam like it was going to rain any time soon. I cooked onions, peppers yesterday when I preped them. Cut up some leftover kielbasa and added cheese, This morning I put the scrambled eggs in. I wanted one egg per cup. Didn't fit, was only able to use 4.
They turned out perfect, so tender.
After we had breakfast. I said I should make some needed appointments. I booked an appointment for Ehrlich, the bug company. We want to get a treatment before we leave to go upstate Pa. I made one to see our financial guy. Also a Doctor appointment for me, just a yearly physical and a mamo later.

Then we decided we should walk now too. We were gone about an hour and 15 minutes, pretty good for Jim.
This was the entrance to a trail in the woods.
Flowers in bloom around the park.
When we returned, we grilled quesadillas I had almost everything ready for. 
Jim booked Thousand Trails Hershey for September when we now  both have Doctor appointments for.
He was trying to schedule more, amazing how hard it is to figure it all out, we have so much planned we want to do. Now to try and plan how to execute it all.

After lunch he fell asleep in his chair. 

Then I went into the building here, one of the living room areas, and did a 2 mile walk fit. I didn't do it for awhile. Since we left Orlando, I want to start up again. Every time we move now, I have to start a new routine and find a new place to do walk fit. 

While  I was gone Jim took my holy moly, a  fabulous cleaning cloth we have and he spot cleaned the outside of the fifth wheel. I love when he does that..

I was watching these trees sway in the breeze, they are so tall, I couldn't believe how much the tops of them moved, back and forth.
Then he grilled chicken patties for dinner. Also sausage for his travel day breakfast tomorrow and a beef burger for lunch for Jim. We grilled every meal outside today.
Jim cleaning and a silly walk fit picture. 

He was going to get a wash pass here, and wash it,, but he never did.  It  wasn't too dirty considering, I think it's because I squeegee so much.. 

After I did my two miles and came back, and we sat outside. It was a beautiful early evening. We chatted again about trying to plan our upcoming Adventures. We have so much we want to do. Between seeing friends in Rochester New york, going to a Michigan Huddle, going for our hopefully at least a four week Maine trip, both in the class C motorhome that my brother's have upstate where we will be heading, beginning of June. We're also going to the HDT rally in Kansas, after that, a  switch it up crew campouts on the way. Trying to figure out if we could work stopping in Indiana too.
After dinner, he washed the dishes and grill and put everything away outside for tomorrow's moving day.

We both finally went to bed early 9:30ish. But woke up 2 hours later, and couldn't go back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment