Saturday, January 8, 2022

Beautiful Day in Florida

Jim slept in his recliner last night. He said parts were uncomfortable, but was easier to get up, then  it was in bed.I  heard him get up, just after 6, I couldn't sleep any more. I was up before 7. 
We had coffee watched the weather, was going to be beautiful out. About 78 high.
I walked up for the Saturday breakfast they were having. Your choice of a biscuit with sausage and gravy, or egg and cheese with sausage. I got one of each to bring back for Jim. 

When I walked in the door there was an adorable little family, with two little boys one had very red hair, and the other was very blond. The Dad also had red hair, and when he saw me he said  "there's another redhead, we found our people."  It was so cute we chatted for quite a while, Theodore was the redhead sorry I can't remember the other. I asked if I could take their picture. when I got home later and looked at it I realized the Dad had his hat on and you couldn't see his beautiful red hair, they were from Georgia the sweetest little family.

 So I ordered the food I also got a banana and coffee cake and orange juice for him. Waited a few minutes it was a one-woman show. It was the same lady that I went for my walk with yesterday. I told her I really wanted to help her if she needed help cuz it's what I DID for a living.

 I took the food back to Jim got him all set up and he ate breakfast I ate my oatmeal with him. Then got ready and went for my walk.  I walked every Road. I must have went a little faster being by myself cuz it took just under an hour. JIm showered while I was gone,  so I got back and got ready to leave. Pond in back with ducks.

We went to Winn-Dixie and got water a few groceries. Then we stopped at the produce stand  
Jim got firewood and I got all this produce. 
When we got back I heated up our Thanksgiving food,  for some reason I was so hungry for, we ate  outside. Jim lit some Cowboy charcoal,  we grilled some veggies consisting of green beans and then yellow and green squash and some onion. Then we grilled some chicken on it too.
Then he dumped the hot coals in the fire pit and started a fire. I wanted a little extra turkey so we found a big Frozen turkey breast and put it in the instant pot outside. We'll make a few meals out of that and some soup. 

We had some of the grilled  veggies and smoked pork for dinner on Mini slider buns. The pork was from when he smoked it at Steve's house. As it slowly got dark and cooled off  I came inside while Jim  had a fire. I emptied the dishwasher that I ran earlier put everything away and started an instant pot full of yogurt.

Jim came in at 8, I think he over did a little today, he was hurting a little, but there is no stopping him.

1 comment:

  1. Friends that were here during Thanksgiving did a trash can turkey. Best turkey ever. Get a galvanized trash can. First burn off the galvanization (?), Spread aluminum foil of the ground. Stick a hook in the middle that you hang the turkey on. Put the trash can over the turkey. Spead charcoal around and on top of the trashcan. Turkey done in less than 2 hours. Delicious and very moist.

    ReplyDelete