Sunday, January 2, 2022

Tomorrow is the big DAY

Tomorrow is the big DAY
This is our last night at Sycamore Hill RV, out spot.
Really is a nice spot, but looking forward to having 50 amp again, and getting out from under this tree that when it rains drips so loud  from the branches.

Tomorrow is the big day and we head to Florida. Jim's last working day was Thursday the 30th. I picked him up at work, so he could leave work van there. The 3 heads of the company all came out to say goodbye to us. That was SO nice.
 I had to go next door to eye doctor for drops for me.

For New Year's Eve we went over to Jim's friend Brian AKA Byron, he took the truck and I had the car. I made lasagna soup in the instant pot,  they made wings and their new air fryer and a few other things. We had a nice chat and some food. And I took the car back to the RV Jim stayed the night with him to ring in the New Year.
In the morning I went over to pick him up, we left my car there AKA, my storage shed it's so full. A lot of things that we just didn't need to bring with us to Florida. It's so nice of them to keep my car for us.

 We had a lot of stuff to do in the last week.  We had to get all of our medication at the drugstore, go to the dentist, take truck in for pre travel service. I prepped a lot of food, went to two grocery stores, got my hair and nails done did laundry. Today I packed our lunch for tomorrow's travel day and have a quick breakfast ready to go in the morning for him and I. Refrigerator oatmeal. Yea he won't be eating that, not manly enough I guess.  Got our new Garmin RV GPS working. 

Right now Jim's dumping and putting the hoses away and it's after Dark the time is 7:40 Thomas, Kerri and Sarah just left they stopped for a minute I gave Thomas a birthday card,  he has a birthday in 7 days. 
We are about to watch Yellowstone.

We went out to lunch at a new Chinese place in Harrisburg with Jim's mother today. They have a fish pond inside.
 Stopped at Camping World to see if they had a TPMS 1 tire sensor not working right. Of course they didn't have any. Then on the way home we stopped at Travis's apartment  said Hi to them, Mia was still there,  they both got to hug Grandma. I got hugs from my boy.  He just got home from playing golf.
The other fun thing I got to do with Travis on Tuesday the 28th I went car shopping with him. We went to a few different places till we found a Honda Fit. He wanted a Honda, cuz then Thomas can work on it. We had lunch together at Ruby Tuesday's. You can see his car under the wreath on the building. It was a fun day,  and we  spend 6 hours together.

Then we stopped at a grocery store on the way she wanted water. We only had a couple things to grab. He filled her gas tank up then, After we dropped her at her house we came home. We started putting a lot of stuff away inside. He wants to leave at 8 am. I got one load of laundry done I'll do the rest with 50 amp tomorrow night. We took showers there's only a few things we didn't get to do. One was washing the truck, and putting the problem slide in before dark. But it has been raining for the last 2 days. Rained all night last night wasn't too bad during the day today 58 degrees, of course when we leave tomorrow it's going to be really cold. 

This was a recap of the last week or so. But I didn't have things in the correct order as they occurred, but doesn't really matter.
So excited to get on the road tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. Yellowstone! It was on ALL DAY yesterday. Len watched every minute of it. I can't, I just can't. I wish they could say one sentence with the F word. Just one sentence is all I ask.

    So now you are on the road. Probably staying at that truck stop in VA tonight? Hope you don't hit snow thru Virginia. Since going down 95 less of a chance. We woke to about 2 inches. A lot for us here. Most we've had since moving in five years ago New Years Eve.

    Have a great winter and looking forward to reading about it.

    ReplyDelete