Monday, January 10, 2022

Heading to Gainesville

This am Jim was up right before me.  He started  the night in bed, then just before 3 am he came down to his recliner. I came downstairs with him right around 7 am. We did our morning routine.

We are back to our favorite thing having the air conditioning on during the day and the Heat at night. For the last two nights we've had the air on day and night, that is actually more awesome.

It had rained through the night and the back and non door side was still wet, I went out and squeegee down the RV. I also did the truck. Makes it look alot cleaner.
 I got ready went for my walk. When I got back, I ate my oatmeal. I got ready to go, texted Cecilia we were about to leave  to head over her way, to Gainesville. I asked if she wanted some of my turkey corn noodle soup I just made last night, she said that would be lovely, so I packed up a Bowl to Take Along. We left around 10:30 a.m.

It takes about 35 minutes to get to her condo. So nice on inside, really big. When we arrived we sat out back on the screened in Lanai and chatted for a while. Then we came inside she wanted Jim to sit in her massaging recliner lift chair she recently purchased. I think he really enjoyed that. 
So we went out to the kitchen  she had prepared a lovely salad bar for us. With mixed greens, spinach, cherry tomatoes diced orange peppers, onions, diced ham and turkey, hard-boiled eggs, kidney and chickpeas. Celery, and fresh bacon bits. lovely fresh fruit salad, and some healthy banana oatmeal cookies she made. It was the best lunch, for some reason I just love going into someone else's home for a meal. I don't want my own house right now,  but it is so enjoyable for some reason to be in someone else's.

We told her yesterday of a few things we wanted to try to do. So we jumped in her car and we went to Batteries Plus Bulbs and got a new battery for the hotspot. Seems like when you charge it, gets really hot. 
Then we went to Dick's Sporting Goods, we were looking for dry sack, for our phone and essentials to take in the tubing on the River in Texas coming up. For the switch it up Huddle. Then we went into REI Co-op, Jim stayed in the car it was a store we never heard of. We were in and out super quick but I was looking for a long sleeve shirt that I wouldn't get sunburned through on the water. Hope to get a lot of uses out of both items for future Adventures.

Then we got back to her condo went inside she gave me some fruit salad and cherry tomatoes to take home. She gave me some Advil for some reason I had a strange headache. We chatted for quite a while about, alot of different stuff, and Jim's mother and how she grew up, she was talking about a friend she knew that wrote a book called  The Tears of War, by Ingeborg E Ryals.

We said our goodbyes and walked out through the garage. We left and headed to Walmart. While I ran in quick for a few essentials I wanted for dinner tonight. Jim went over and filled the truck up with diesel. He Picked me up with the door and we stopped at the produce stand again, he waited in the truck and I went in for strawberries, I also bought a big handful of okra. Cecilia told me that if you put it in soup it makes it naturally thicker. Never was a fan of slimy okra but I'm going to give it a whirl.

Then we got home to our RV and I put dinner together that I prepped yesterday, the turkey casserole with water Chestnuts. We had some turkey corn noodle soup first, and small chocolate chip zucchini cake for dessert. 

We watched TV this this blog, Jim booked more travel reservations I ran dishwasher. Was really tired by 9 pm.

Wonderful day spent with my new sister, who new, she really is a fabulous new addition to our life. What a great blessing to find her.





1 comment:

  1. Okra...... Len chops it up. Puts in in our cast iron pot and into the over at 350. Adds a bit of olive oil and whatever spices you like. Stirs it every so often. Done when it looks slimy (he says snot). We bag it in small baggies, about 1 cup full. Freeze it. Use it in soups and gumbo.

    ReplyDelete