Thursday, January 6, 2022

Finally Beautiful Travel Day

Jim woke up at 6:30 a.m. I was sort of awake too. He was still in a lot of pain, it was very hard for him to get up. We started getting ready and I made breakfast. We took a walk around the campground to make sure we went the right direction to leave . It was 40 degrees when we got in the truck. We pulled out at 8:34 a.m. 
I was texting both my sisters, they were together in Gainesville, we plan to meet later once we arrived at the campground. Jim pre-programmed a fuel stop. But we decided to go to one a Little Closer, when the fuel gets too low makes us nervous. I ate my oatmeal in line at the truck stop Jim had a banana. We both went inside for the bathroom, too hard for him to pull the steps out. When we left I said the RV GPS is going to take us to the other truck stop that he programmed before we left. He said we'll just drive by it and then it'll reroute us. We thought it was a good plan, but we totally forgot and when it said turn we turned. So then we had to go into a very busy Pilot and he made a u-turn right inside and got back on the highway. It only delayed our arrival time by 4 minutes or so. 
We love to see this sign.

We saw these 2 planes while driving Jim thinks they were A10's

We arrived at Starke KOA in Stark Florida at 12:30.
We paid extra for a beautiful Deluxe site. 
We did a minimal setup he wanted to take the golf cart out that I said not to, too much work. That I can't Do. Christine and Cecilia arrived around 1:30 ish they went for a walk around the campground give me a few more minutes to do a few things. 
Then we went for lunch together, just the three of us, Jim was not up for it and stayed home to rest and self-medicate. 
The 3 of us when they dropped me off. 
We had a lovely chat had lunch at Sonny's BBQ I brought big container home for Jim will be enough for lunch tomorrow for us.
It was chicken, brisket, pulled pork, ribs, baked beans, corn muffin, French fries was there sampler. 
  He came in to eat after they left then  fell asleep in his chair I did some laundry, took trash out,  watched a little TV.
Was a lot better day today. 

1 comment:

  1. I do hope his back is healing. After all, he is needed for those steps and other things.

    ReplyDelete