Friday, January 28, 2022

Sad Day Remembering

So 12 years ago today my Mother passed away. Sad day remembering that.

Last night I stayed up to late. Was about 11:30, Jim went to bed early about 9. So needless to say, he was up early and I was up almost 8:30.

I made us breakfast eggs, bacon, toast fried potatoes fresh orange. Had coffee Jim even made a second pot.

I put sheets in the washer then left to go for a long walk after 10 am.  I walked past this guy having coffee outside with his dog.  We talked about 40 minutes.  His wife came out for a minute we chatted too. She saw my Switch It Up  hat, and got excited, we talked about Todd and Shelia a bit. We said goodbye. I started my real walk. Walked through the jungle, near the River.
I got home about 12:15. I took a shower when Steve called, Jim was talking to him, trying to make plans to get together. We had lunch, leftovers from restaurant yesterday.
Then we took trash out, and went for a long golf cart ride. We stopped at the produce guy here, We got some really nice kale. I Wanted it  for my soup I want to make. I also made kale chips in the air fryer, never made before pretty good, don't think Jim was a fan of it. He is very anti veggie lately.
Raw kale on left, crispy kale chips on the right.

So later I made the  Minastrone  soup, Jim also not a fan of that,, so he grilled chicken then zucchini and yellow squash and did some green beans. Tony walked over they chatted while he finished.
We had dinner then the soup and chicken with grilled vegetables. 
I got ready and went up to play meat Bingo. 
I got to see MO from the year we met Bonnie Denton.
Didn't win any meat but was fun.
Jim had a fire and listened to music outside.  I watched some TV went to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I have subscribed to a service where I get fresh veggies and fruit delivered every other week. Have been very happy with the selection. I can't select what we want but we like most everything so that is OK. This week we got kale. Wish you were here. Would give it to you. Len can't have leafy green veggies due to their high Vitamin K content. K is the clotting vitamin as he is susceptible to blood clots.

    ReplyDelete