Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Leaving Carolina Crossroads RV Resort In Roanoke Rapids NC heading to The Oaks at Point South in Yemassee SC

We both woke up at 630, Jim still has alot of back pain from his fall on the ice. 
We slowly got moving putting things away. I made chicken wraps for our lunches and made us both eggs and maple chicken sausage for breakfast, I fried 3 of the little new potatoes from last nights dinner with some onions for Jim too.
Then it started to rain, lightly then got heavier and back to light, even sometimes stopping a bit.
Guess we shouldn't have bothered washing the truck and RV. 

While hooking up, the rear slider window on truck it opens won't shut, he had hard time backing up to pin when he can't open window. It has tint on it too, that doesn't help. Looks cool. But we both hate looking out of it. We had it taken off the driver and passenger side windows. We had to put this plastic coated cardboard poster of western boots in the open window to drive.

We got in truck was 39 degrees, left at 940. We stopped at a rest area, just after 12. Really hurts Jim's back to pull steps out. I tryed to help where I could. When I went in FW check battery use percentage. Was still at 100, OH NO told Jim fridge was off again. The inverter was off again, he took care of that, should be good now. But man that scared me, that ment the freezer was off too. Was back on at 11:57.
Jim saw our first palm trees today. 

We drove another half hour or so, ate the wraps I made while driving. The drive went pretty well today. 
We drove out of the rain in less the 2 hours. It was beautiful and sunny, needed our sun glasses. The high we saw today was 65 degrees. 

We were looking for a fuel stop, trying to find on the new Garmin RV GPS. Big learning curve for me, since I'm trying to figure it out while he drives. He does preprogrammed stops on it. Im A terrible navigation person, I will be the first to admit that. He knows I'm not good at it, but he is so nice about it.
Between the GPS and billboards we found a Love's. I went in to pay, he could barely move. 
We filled up fuel and left. We had less then hour drive left when we left Love's.

Arrived at The Oaks at Point South TT, I went in. Guy from PA just came out, said Hi fellow PA, he had Penn State shirt on, he said hi you need a mask to go in, back to the truck.
I checked in she,   remembered my message I said we're the Price's as in the Price is Right, otherwise they hear something else.. I told her of our travel time we had, how Jim was hurting, she is an RN. She had a few tips. She gave us a bigger site so we wouldn't have to unhook. We pulled in, did bare minimum set up, I helped where I could. 

Got Jim inside and as comfortable as he could be. He got our YouTube TV to local channels. I made him beef cubes and noodles in the IP.  I ate leftover vegetable soup and grilled chicken and egg on salad. I made paleo chocolate chip cookies. We watched little TV.
I found a video on YouTube of a guy fixing the window.  We watched it, Jim found a Ford dealer where we are going next. He can get one and install it. Didn't look that hard, he just can't do stuff now.

I saw our temp gadge, that the outside front compart freezer was 56. It has not worked for 2 weeks, just didn't get to change batteries yet, since I'm in it alot. Well since it was on and off, with the inverter thing, I said I'm going out to check it. He normally would have just done it,, but he couldn't move.  I would worry, so I went out.. Had to move a million chairs that are in front of it. OK got the controller, changed batteries, still not working but the freezer is fine. I brought a few things in while I was out there. 

Came in, washed dishes helped get Jim to bed after he programmed the GPS.
A much better day today wish, he didn't have such pain, I feel so bad for him.
Our site at The Oaks, RV is not bad, but truck really looks dirty.

2 comments:

  1. I am sure you are worried about Jim. You will find that you are able to do a lot more than you thought. Out of necessity. I have to do most things around here that Len used to do. But it your situation it is only temporary. You can do it. Had to chuckle with you having to say Price as in Price is Right. We have to say East as in the direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe you two! We will be at Clerbrook on the 18th - if we can be of any help?

    ReplyDelete