Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Crafting, Meat and more Meat

Monday March 22, 2021

                             I will get to this.
                     I guess THIS IS US now

This morning I got a late start getting up. Till I ate breakfast and got ready it was close to 10 am. I wanted to get to the crafting with the ladies at 9:30, NO I did not  make it. But it was alot of Fun, some came in after me too.  Nan saw my bags again said she wanted one, she asked if she could buy the one I had put my yarn in to come to  craft in. I told her it was the first one I ever made and I really didn't want to sell that one. But  I had plenty more and would 
 get one to her before we left.
 A few of us are leaving soon, so there was alot of goodbye till next year.
I came back in the golf cart around noon. Jim said it wasn't very nice out so we should go do our running around today instead of tomorrow. I said it's Florida it'll be nice in a few minutes. AND it was. told him Nan was coming at 2 for a bag. We decided to go to K & J produce and run to Walmart. I put a bag on my steps and a note for Nan. We had a quick bite to eat I made some eggs Jim's first meal of the day. Too much food yesterday.
First we went to Walmart and we're looking for a few specific things. Wanted to get rechargeable batteries for the push button lock on the RV door. I found some decorations for my Jean purses I'm making. Found different orange fabric  to make a cover for golf cart seat, that will be alot of work, trial and error. 
While I was looking an older man in a scooter asked me which of the artificial flowers behind me looked like a magnolia. He said he wanted to play a trick on his neighbor, he told him his magnolia tree would eventually bloom, it still hasn't,  and he wanted to stick a fake flower in it and surprise him. I told him how funny that was and I asked my phone what one looked like. He had picked one out and was surprised on how close of a match he got. What is sweet guy, we chatted for a minute, I said I wish I could know how the story ends. I'm sure if their friends he will think it's funny too.

Then we went to K&J produce here's a picture of all the meat we bought. I made 8 hamburger patties, a pack of ham hocks for ham and bean soup 3 pot roast, 6 T-bone steaks, big pack boneless ribs, three packs of boneless skinless chicken thighs.

Here's a picture of all the produce all those strawberries $7 two big onions, a mini butternut and spaghetti squash, for zucchini, few bananas, 2 bags salad greens, a huge Pineapple, 4 ears sweet corn.

The phone rang right when we were checking out the meat. I thought it was Nan but when we got in the truck I called her back. With her lovely southern accent she said I stole something from your house.
Believe it or not we stopped at Winn-Dixie next, I ran in for a few things I couldn't find at the other store. Like Diet Pepsi been looking for steel cut oatmeal, hard-to-find here. Finally found a Quaker brand. While I started the shopping,  Jim filled our jugs with spring water. 
Then we went back to the RV and all my work began. So I re-packaged all the meat got it outside in the front freezer. Made some soup with some chicken sausage I had taken out. Jim grilled a pack of the chicken we just bought half with chicken seasoning and half with barbecue sauce. While he was doing that Eddie stopped by Nan's husband and brought me the money for the bags she picked up on the step while we were away. I made a few taco's for us and a taco salad for dinner and 2 for tomorrow too. The fridge is SO full. I worked from 5 till after 8 still not finished with everything. Was alot of work. All that Produce and Meat at K and J, was GUESS  just guess,.....
It was $135.00  WE thought that was really good.

              ALSO while at Walmart saw this. Really has it come to this, matching masks and shirts. I saw people match them already, but just the fact they are selling them like this. 

We took a quick ride to Take the trash out after all that work. I finally stopped working after 8,  we watched The Voice, went to bed together, I got up, couldn't sleep, went back to try again at 1 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment