Sunday, March 28, 2021

I love talking to Strangers

I love talking with Strangers 

Saturday March 27, 2021

I wanted to get up early and leave by 9 or 9:30, to go to The Village's Farmers market, in Brownwood. Jim was already up for awhile, he says didn't want to wake me, BUT we both love our am quite time, whoever's up first. I got up at 8:45 and started getting ready like if I had to leave for work. I came downstairs and made him breakfast, and had my oatmeal, packed alot of cold water with 2 diet Pepsi, and off we went in less then an hour after I got up.
We are about half an hour away from the square in the Village's we wanted. Brownwood.
The Farmers market was a buzz of activity. Today was going to be way over 90 degrees. Trying to remember what I really wanted here. First thing I saw was the plant guy. Last time he had an edible pot of greens, that is want I wanted. This guy is fantastic, I love to listen to him answer people's questions. He is so knowledgeable, he calls all the plants her. 

We walked around together for a bit. Then Jim sat in the shade under roof they have where they have live music every night and dance. He nursed his one margarita while I walked around, trying to stay in shade as much as possible.  I did take a bath in sun screen before we left. Here are Some pictures of the fun. 
This is view from under roof where Jim was sitting. 
Picture of what I bought today. Beet chips for my MIL,  she loves beets, dried tomatoes, like pizza without a crust. The rye bread and sweets from French bakery that always have long lines. Talked with 2 ladies in line for bread. They helped me decide what to get.
I took it back Jim. Walked around some more, was so hot. 
I was in the shade listening to the plant guy, he stood next to me, saying it was great place to stand. We chatted for a minute. He did tell me that basically the growing season was over for greens I wanted. I told him how much I enjoyed listening to him. He said he wants people to be successful because they are taking his babies home. He is so busy always talking with someone, he works alone. I listened for awhile longer, was going to walk around the circle again, to hot, so I went back with Jim sat for awhile. We were soon ready for lunch.
A lady by herself sat down across from where we were. I started talking to her, she was from Indiana. Lived in The Villages 3 years now. We had so much in common, she used to be an RV they had a Class C. And we found out that we know some of the same people, she knows Linda and Howard. We chatted for over an hour, Jim even joined in a little. We both exchange cards. It was one of the highlights of my day it was so enjoyable chatting. So now it was way past lunch time, and we went to Cody's.
First we share a huge salad they bring. I started talking with 2 diffent couples next to us. One lived here. He was from New York his wife, NJ. Later I talked with another, they were brother and sister, she was visiting him from NY, there was a competition between both of his sisters to top the fun they have when they each take turns visiting him. We both thought each other looked familiar.  
Then we
each had a burger, mine was an impossible one. We each had fries but I wanted sweet potato ones and they brought us both sweet potato fries, so they brought Jim some regular ones we took a whole bunch along. Ended up taking three containers one with french fries one with three buns and half of my burger. And one with dessert we shared a carrot cake. This is The Leftovers we came home with. And check out these cakes. Mile High.
We had the restaurant manager stop at our table a few times. Our server was only working here a few days. He even tried to put the hockey game on for Jim, but they didn't get that channel either. 
We left probably after 3. Jim went to put stuff in the truck. I waited in the shade, This couple walked by, I said Hi we started to chat, they flew in and  were here for the weekend, but coming back for 10 days soon. They were from Vermont. Nice chat we had. 
Made a few more stops before heading out.
We stopped at Publix for beer.
Put all this food away and Jim didn't eat rest of the night. We took a little golf cart ride, so another beautiful sunset. Later I made half a quesadilla .
We watched TV, Jim went to bed first. What a fantastic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment