Thursday, March 18, 2021

Happy St Patrick's Day

Happy St Patrick's Day

Wednesday March 17, 2021

We both woke up this AM before 7, was just starting to get a little light out. The solar lights on the flag were still on. We sat and drank coffee for 2 hours and watched the news, well I do, Jim stares at his phone, and tries not to listen.  We had breakfast, I made him 3 dippy eggs with 2 of the garlic bread from last night. I made a huge salad to take along.

While I tried to figure out what to wear for the day, Jim took the golf cart up to see what St Patrick's Day activities we would miss. They had something going on outside which would be too hot for me anyway. Some kind of free meal with corned beef and cabbage I guess. Update, found out later they ran out of food, people complaining, free food and they still complain, Oh well glad we missed all that.

 Then we finally got moving and started to get ready to go over to Marcia and Jeff. We left just before 11 am back to Produce place with the firewood, and smoker always going. D.E.M. Boyz Bar B- Q We decided to get 4 orders of pork. Had sides, got one each, Cole slaw, baked beans, cucumber salad, pasta salad. They all came with ranch potatoes kind of potatoes squished but not totally mashed with cheese and Ranch of some sort really good. Wish I could have gotten a picture, I never did but it smelled so good. Forgot the whipped cream in the RV and was hoping there was barbecue sauce on it. There was,  SOooo good. We all shared the sides. I dumped the pasta salad in my big salad bowl before serving it. We almost finished that. 
Really nice decorations Marcia's friend made her, on the wall behind Jeff's head, can't quite see it above.

After we ate, we all took a walk around the escapee park, talked to some people that  kind of help run the place I guess. On some committees. They were very nice, neighbors of Jeff and Marcia. We got a tour of the inside building. Cool map by road they had up so you see where everyone lives with there picture and names. Never saw anything like that, great idea.
 
Then we walked back to their fifth wheel,  sat inside, was so hot out today and more humid than previous days. We had dessert then, she made strawberry shortcake with cornbread, I always do, though it would go good with pork, but she still had alot of strawberries to use up, that is a delicious way to.  We chatted till 3 and packed up and went back to the RV. 
Changed our clothes. Did a few things inside. Jim is outside for a bit and I prepared zucchini to make zucchini fries in the air fryer.
I started them about 4:30 a large batch takes a little bit of time in my small air fryer. Then we had the leftovers for dinner from Giovanni's we each had two pieces of pizza share the spinach ravioli.
Later we took a golf cart ride and got rid of our trash.
We saw more of Bonnie's friends from last year. Mo and Larry. Chatted for awhile.
Jim made a fire with the good wood, and got ready to watch hockey outside. To bad they lost 9 to 0 NOT great news.
I watched TV while he stayed out till after 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment