Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Lunch at Oakwood Smoke House

Tuesday March 30, 2021

This morning after our morning ritual we left around 12:30 to go do some errands and have lunch. We stopped at CVS to get two pills for each of us refilled. We will go back in a couple days to pick him up. We asked about getting the Johnson vaccine. They're not doing them yet using a different one also. I found out from work, until I'm 2 weeks past being fully vaccinated I have to wear the N95 mask at work. I was hoping to find the Johnson & Johnson one shot and done. 
We went to Oakwood Smoke house for lunch arrived after 1. Brought a lot of leftovers home, we're trying to cut our portions more in half, again. While we waited for our food I called my employer in PA to schedule my vaccine Upon Our return. I hate to spend ( waste) alot of time looking for one here.

On our Drive to the store Jim got a phone call from his mom and Shannon. She was offering to be his mother's caretaker as she was having some issues, and she didn't want her to be alone during the day. Shannon's new job at the daycare near the house, closed for two weeks because of some covid related issue. Before she gave a two week notice they both wanted to make sure it was okay with Jim if she did that. We had a chat and I believe that's what's going to happen. She is doing well now. She also mentioned Thomas came to visit yesterday talked about getting a new job, first we heard about it.

Then we stopped at Save-A-Lot. Found more than I expected in there of things I wanted. Then we went to Publix Jim filled our water jugs while I looked for a few things that I couldn't find at the other store. We drove by Lake Mineola. When we got back to the FW we had a lot of things to put away.
After we  put everything away. Jim grilled more chicken, and zucchini, we eat alot of chicken.
I made us chicken burrito bowls for dinner, they make them at our new favorite Mexican restaurant in Pennsylvania. I made rice in the instant pot, then you top it with cheese any kind of beans you like chicken lettuce tomato avocado and sour cream. I could eat one 4 days consecutive days oh, delish. 
After dinner we took a golf cart ride. As we watched the sky darkened with an approaching storm. We headed back a little early as we saw a few people putting awnings and chairs away. We got a couple drops of rain, a wind gust and  that was about it.
On the other side of the campground pink clouds and blue sky. 
Jim washed the dishes. While he did that I was hanging a piece of dry erase bored inside the medicine cabinet door in Jim's bathroom downstairs. I want to keep a list there of what's in the outside freezer. I had texted Thomas earlier and mentioned his new job. So he called while we were doing that we had a nice chat. The new job offered him $6 more an hour. His previous employer matched the offer. But he said he took the new position. After our chat we watched a little TV before bed. I finished the project I was working on. Now what to start next. That's always the big decision.

1 comment:

  1. I keep a list of what's in our basement chest freezer. In a couple of weeks we go up to near Huntsville and pick up a meat order. It's from Savory Butcher. We are splitting 40 pounds of ground beef and 40 pounds of chicken breast with Len's son and family. We have a lot of stuff from Omaha steak down there now. To make room have to remove the product from the boxes. Nice being organized isn't it. I like your system with a white board.

    ReplyDelete