Monday, March 22, 2021

Jacaranda and Hibachi

Sunday March 21, 2021

Today I was up first and got the coffee going. Jim joined me, he had a light breakfast I had my oatmeal and we got ready for our fun day we had planned. 
We left around 11 heading to the Jacaranda Hotel in Avon Park. We arrived a little early to go potty and get some pictures. They were meeting Dee and Jim Walters, and Leslie and Ed, I texted Dee we had arrived. I saw this couple that looks familiar and I went over to talk to her and it was Leslie and her husband. She said it must be you, because you're the only redhead here. She was someone I used to talk to a long time ago when I was following full-time RVr's in the RV Dreams chat room.  Dee has kept it going. Back then I was known as lovely redhead, as Jim gave me my name. Dee  arrived shortly after. She gave them our names, she had called ahead for reservations. It was very busy on this Sunday. Jim talked to the piano man we bought his CD the other year, he was very appreciative. 

Here's some lovely pictures of the lobby of the hotel.
 I looked for the huge orange tree out in the lobby but it was no longer there. I hope it's okay somewhere safe.
 We had a lovely buffet lunch.
L to R Dee, Lessie, Ed, Me, My Jim, Dee's Jim
  Salad and plenty of dessert. We were chatting away. Didn't want  to take up the table too long as it was still quite busy. So we went out to the Mall hallway sat at a big black table with 6 chairs. The three of the ladies on one end and the three guys on the other side and we chatted for hours.
 I looked at the clock behind where we were sitting and it said 2:10, I looked again and it said  2:10  that's not bad, then the third time I looked at it I said hey wait a minute must be later than that. I discreetly looked at my phone and it said five. What, man apparently the six of us can talk.
 So we decided what to do, what to do. So we went for the record and decided to go for dinner. TWO Buffet meals in one day OMG. Dee's Jim gave my Jim  The directions, Hibachi Buffet, we all met there, had another great meal together. Chatted a little longer and finally decided to call it a night. We were 40 minutes from home, Dee and Leslie were about an hour and a half. We arrived home around 9:30.
 Told her I would try to get on the chat room occasionally, I actually did pop in for a few minutes till my phone kicked me out. And as I was typing this I realized I wrote lovely lady instead of lovely redhead, it has been a while. Thank you Dee, Jim,  Leslie and Ed for a really FUN day. 
It was so nice to see Dee and Jim again, and finally get to meet Leslie and Ed and hear about their bluebird and their travels and the newest Adventures in they're tent.

1 comment:

  1. We only met Jim and Dee once when in South Dakota but I've been following her blog.

    What a long, full, fun day you all had. (Notice I didn't say y'all, I'm not that southern yet)

    ReplyDelete