Thursday, March 11, 2021

Moving Day

Moving Day

Wednesday March 10, 2021

Jim was up first today, he did alot of thinking of how to pull out of here. He made a big pile of stuff to put in AFTER we get out. He said was probably 500 lbs worth, including the golf cart.  Dale Price stopped to see how we were making out. I did inside stuff, Jim was outside most of the morning. The manager even stopped by again to check, I think she just wanted to make sure that we were about to leave. 
I make jim a portable breakfast, we shared a large banana. I made a tortilla shell with 2 scrambled eggs spinach cheese, bacon, wrapped in parchment so he didn't have to touch it. He had alot of messy stuff to pick up.
He put the truck in 4 wheel drive and we both said our prayers to get out safely. It went GREAT. It hardly sank at all. Compared to when we pulled in. He put the FW parallel to the road. It was 10:10 till we did that. 
Our flag, but not our dish on the right. 
I wish I would have taken the picture of the BIG pile of stuff we, well Jim had to put way yet before we left. I try to help where I can, but let's face it, I don't do much. 

As soon as we pulled out the birds showed up to dig through all the sandy mud for bugs, they found alot, they got SO big in 2 weeks.

So it took about 40 minutes to put everything away. 
We left just after 11 am.
We had a 2 hour drive, pulled into a gas station that is right up the road from campground for a potty break. We pulled in and parked. Went to to let them know we made it. They have a window open on the big porch, you don't go inside anymore. You could see all the mail and packages in there, heard they charge 5 dollars each now. She said we are in luck and the lottery ended today and they have a few 50 amp spots available, we just had to go find one. She gave us the paper work, and off we went.
As we drove around we passed a few walkers, I said to Jim ASK if they seen any open ones on there walk.
One guy did. 
So a truck was still backing in on this one road. So we pulled in waiting for a minute, I said let me get out and look around. I asked the guy backing in he said  were 2 behind him. I asked if I could walk through his site, I will NEVER do it again, he said I don't bite. Jim drove around got out and looked, it was a nice one, considering it is full here, even the lower section down by the river. 
We were on the phone together Jim backed in perfectly. Got set up  talked a little with the neighbors right behind us. They both had just backed in today too. We got set up I started making lunch. Leftover soup I made made us a grilled ham and cheese, and the salads I made from yesterday. If I make one salad I always make one for the next day too. Jim has to do everything in one day, he worked like a dog I made him stop and come in and finally eat, by then it was close to 3. Even got the dish all set up, I said you're like a pregnant woman nesting.

 Later we took a golf cart ride I drove he had a margarita make a loop around Nancy and Neil had just gotten home from getting their first covid shot.It was a 2 hour drive one way. 
 We sat with them, this is their lovely water View.
 Neil made a fire and gave us some wood he found. We had a nice visit, they leave tomorrow. We drove back home, but then we needed our headlights. 
So crazy kayaks went through in the dark, I yelled at them what are you pretending you're on Naked and Afraid.
I heated up some leftovers, almost the last of it only a little soup left. We watched a little TV before bed, Jim was really tired, and I did a load of laundry. After he went to bed I washed the dishes and got the coffee ready for tomorrow morning.
Turned out to be a great moving Day, we are so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. We've learned to get most of our packing done the night before we leave. After we arrive I worry about the utilities that day and the rest the next day.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete