Friday, March 26, 2021

Fridge, Pool, and HOT HOT, HOT

Jim was up first this morning. I was up soon after. We sat with our coffee for awhile. Jim had a bowl of cereal with berries as we chatted about what we wanted to do today. 
I spent alot of time going through a stack of little note papers that I write info on. Some I still needed, most of them I did not. Have to try to keep them all in ONE note pad. 
 I called Home Depot to see if the paint we ordered was in. The lady I spoke with 2 weeks ago, was on vacation now, and lost my number, great. So I was trying to tell the new lady that answered the phone what I wanted. Then I couldn't find the part # that Rust-Oleum gave me. We looked everywhere, was it one of the little pieces of paper I threw away,  NO, we called each other back and forth. I finally found the number. Gave it to her when she called me back, she had called Rust-Oleum too, and luckily we both  had the same number. Hopefully it gets ordered soon but we found out only comes in 2 two gallons sets now. 
I made two reservations with CG's for our trip back to Pa. 
Then I suggested I call a refrigerator repair guy here for our Samsung that has been dripping water from the defrost cycle into the drawers since we left PA. No one there would work on one. I talked to a guy he said he could get someone here around noon. That never happened but he called me back a few times so we kind of waited for a while.
We took a golf cart ride before it got to hot, I put sun screen on, but still felt like I was cooking in the sun.
As soon as we left saw a couple from Pa we know, we chatted for a bit. We stopped by the pool here in Crossroads to see how warm it was. Jim was happy with it, he said I would get in this pool. Hot tub really nice too. I have to go in later though to much SUN for me NOW.  Darn I realized that I rinsed the sun screen off my feet. My feet have tan lines from my sandals.  We finished our ride early as the sun was strong. Some pictures of our ride.
Someone else planted a pineapple.
Food truck here, Exit 90 Ate, cute name, taco stuff.
Cute park model for sale here.
l underlined our FW,  took from out by the road on our ride, we have a great view in the back. 

I made 4 salads for lunch, almost always make 2 for tomorrow, just as easy to make 4.
Jim also fixed my grape clock that sits above his chair. It fell multiple times in travel, and he has repeatedly fixed it. It totally stopped working once, and he replaced all the clock guts as I call it.  It was fine till we got here, and the hands were all bent. He took it all apart, got it working again. But there's just not enough room in the back of it for the command strips to secure it to the wall when we move the RV. So he put a screw in the wall, first time we've ever did that. And I added it to my travel list to take the clock down and put it on the bed when we move. Hope that's a permanent fix.
Jim sat outside as I busied myself inside. A  huge MH backed in with one empty site between us and I never seen it. 
Around 3 p.m. I looked out and Jim was talking to Barb and her husband, they drove over on their scooters. They were chatting for a while but I had just put the pot roast on the stove to Brown before I put it in the instant pot. So I couldn't walk away from it, so till  I got it in the pot they had left. 
Today I want to go in the pool sometime. It felt so good earlier.
We both sat outside a bit, was to hot for me to stay long, even though we have a nice shade tree and always a breeze here. This is the best site we ever had here. Jim and I were watching the golfers, hope there good. RV's have gotten hit before, but we are at a good angle. 
For dinner I served Jim pot roast with leftover potatoes from last night and corn off the cob. I made a huge pile chicken, onions and peppers, black beans and the rest of the Corn for quesadillas later. I had a half of one for dinner, a little bit of the potatoes. Jim just loves that pot roast. We are just taking our last two bites, the kitchen was a mess with all that cooking. And Jim looked out the window and the refrigerator guy was here. Jim was just about to wash the dishes. So this never happened before.
 Two guys at the same time working in my kitchen.

What a mess we had. I was so worried they'd have to pull the fridge out. The guy said we do it all the time. I was trying to make him  understand how it sits up on a platform and it would have to drop down once it was out. Never even thought about till the guy came that the island probably would make it really hard to get it all the way out. It turned out the defrost was constantly running and the water had a slow drain It just had nowhere else to go. We had to empty the fridge it was hard to get all the shelves out but the guy made it work, took the panel off the back to replace a part. It's awesome that he had it with him. He did a great job. I talked about how I was going to wash everything and how I would do the big shelves Jim suggested I take them in the shower. That works great I kept myself busy as it stresses me out everything all pulled apart. The total bill was 350 he said he can only take cash. I'm glad we still had a stash of that much. It was worth it to me to get it done. He wanted to snake the drain for the defrost but he would have had to pull the fridge out. We decided to not do it. He felt that this would take care of the problem if it only went into defrost when it needed to not constantly that the drain could keep up.
YEA that makes me so HAPPY that is done. Together we finished wiping it out and putting everything back in, and watching the temperature go back down. Just after we finished Dale and Mary Lou Price stopped By to  say hi, we chatted for a bit outside. Met one of the other neighbors.
 Then we went inside Jim watched hockey while I jumped in the golf cart and went up to the pool. By this time it was just after 8. As soon as I got in this guy started talking to me, Butch. Hardly anybody was there. He was quite chatty the Price's  said the pool is open till 10. But he said it closed around 8 or 8:30 so around that time a lady showed up to lock the gate. He said let's tell her we're on our honeymoon and see if we can stay 15 minutes longer. Okay whatever dude. She said it was okay I went in the bathroom and changed. Glad he was gone when I came out. Nice enough guy  but  kind of a weird thing to say after only a 10-minute chat. I think he was sad I got back so early. But the mosquitoes attack you as soon as you stop the golf cart. He went to plugged it in.
 Later we finished watching Superstore the last show of the series, when I got back in hockey was over. I took this picture right before I headed to the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment