Saturday, March 16, 2019

East bound and down

Loaded up and trucking ... Jim woke up first per usual, high wind advisory drive with caution. ( That's what  a sign said later, while I was doing the blog. ) after I got up I made a smoothie and some eggs. And my chicken barbecue traveling wraps for lunch later. Trying to leave earlier, not doing so well, this time we made it at 9:38 am departure, heading towards a boondocking spot at a Walmart that we used on the way here, We are  on our way to Carlsbad KOA.  We made two stops before we got to Walmart one for fuel, ( You've gotta keep that diesel truckin' ) and  one for potty. There was construction all around the Walmart where we enter, just like before.  We are  on our way to Carlsbad KOA.  We made two stops before we got to Walmart one for fuel, ( You've gotta keep that diesel truckin' ) and  one for potty. There was construction all around the Walmart where we enter, just like before. Had a late lunch when we got there, beautiful and warm out. We went inside to shop for a few things we couldn't find at yesterday's Walmart. Jim also wanted to buy wood glue and Brad nails. The slide right inside the door that has the table and our chairs in it, at the very top on the wood trim cracked about 8 inches from the top right down the middle. No idea why it did that, or how it would happen there.  So he wants to put a little glue and Brad nail it to secure it. Jim's mother called while we were in Walmart and he talked to her for a bit while I looked around and he pushed the cart. We parked at the same spot we did before,  there was only one other RV there when we arrived.  When we went to bed there was about 7 on our side and a few more on the other. Later we had dinner of veggie soup and salad. I also made a little macaroni and cheese in the instant pot, very small amount, and cooked some beef to add to it for Jim. Watched a little TV, got a lot of channels without putting the antenna up. That way you don't have to remember to put it down. Texted our oldest son Thomas trying to hook up and talk to him on the phone, which is not easy,  we never did get to. If my DIL ls reading this tell your husband to call his mother. I called Christine and talked to her for a while. My cousin Wanda, made a comment on a  Facebook post about Tombstone , we were there together when I was a kid. So I texted her if I could call, she is in Florida, so I called and talked to her for almost an hour and a half. Which I always love doing, it was nice to have a girl chat. Jim was very tired, he turned off the generator, and went to bed at 9ish. I sat on the sofa and read my blogs that I've been very behind on,  because of our travels, and now that  we are traveling full time, we are doing it,  instead of reading about others full timing. We got a long way to go and a shrot time to get there,
 

1 comment:

  1. It is sometimes unbelievable how things in an RV can break but they do. If Your RV is still under warranty contact the Manufacture and they will probably replace that trim.
    Be Safe with those Winds and Enjoy Carlsbad.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete