Saturday, January 5, 2019

Doing the Walmart Shuffle

Woke up in another Walmart, We talked to our neighbor this morning and she said when she came out this morning there was 15 campers in the lot. Jim was up first got the generator going started coffee. It was really cold and I waited a little bit till we put the furnace on. We could have put it on last night but we were trying to save it for the refrigerators and freezer. I made him oatmeal for breakfast and I had a refrigerator oatmeal I made last night. I arranged the kitchen so I could heat up soup as we traveled for lunch. We left about 9:15. Drove for about an hour and a half, took her first break at a picnic area, I heated up the soup that I made the other day. We got back on the road, my has the terrain changed.


Shortly after that we stopped for fuel really nice easy off and on then we had to drive about 2 hours before we hit El Paso Texas. We stopped at another rest area right before El Paso, good thing we did cuz that was a white-knuckle drive. It was about another 35 miles to the next Walmart and las Cruces New Mexico. There was a lot of construction when we got off the highway but we made it into the parking lot it really beautiful view from here.

We went inside and ask for permission to park here for the night and the lady told us where to park so we had to move to the other side of the parking lot, but it's all good we actually liked it better. Got set up and turned on the generator and went inside Walmart to do a little shopping. I made dinner Jim loved it we had soup and salad, I grilled chicken on the stove with my little Hubcap Grill thing, Works awesome. Then we took showers watch the little television and went to bed.

2 comments:

  1. If you are heading to Arizona bring some of those warmer temperatures with you.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate Hate Hate driving around El Paso. Almost as much as around Houston. Na.... nothing even comes close to Houston.

    ReplyDelete